Why is my pH so stable?

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
In the three seasons I've had my Trouble Free Pool, my pH has been rock solid at 7.4

This year I switched to a SWG. Expecting pH to rise I bought a new gallon of muriatic acid. Nope, pH remains at 7.4, even if the kids are splashing around and running the fountain.

I'm not complaining, and consider myself lucky.

Here is my pool's chemistry, I have never added borax or any form of borates. What could be the reasons my pH remains so stable?

IMG_0509.jpg

Because you are too lucky!!! And your fill water, probably the little bit you use, balances out the other effects.

I add acid twice a week. At least.

That's what I thought, but I really don't add that much water. I've maybe topped off three or four times, maybe 6-8" of depth in my 44" of water depth.

I'm figuring it is the TA of 30ppm? I just find it strange that I can go weeks without topping off (and very little to no rain) and my pH doesn't move from 7.4, ever.

With TA as low that, the carbonate portion of the alkalinity is quite low. Therefore the upward pressure on pH will be quite low.

You're blessed....except for the whole living in CT part [emoji13][emoji6]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I told the wife I'm gonna strap a snow blower on the front of a U-Haul, and the first place where someone asks us what it is, that's where we stay. I don't know what I miss more during the winter...... my pool or daylight.

I told the wife I'm gonna strap a snow blower on the front of a U-Haul, and the first place where someone asks us what it is, that's where we stay. I don't know what I miss more during the winter...... my pool or daylight.

I did time in Boston and lived in NYC for 10 years. Grew up on LI. Only thing I miss are fall colors and apple picking. The desert climate suits me just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.