Who’s getting ready for the next season?!

We pulled out the solar cover and are watching and waiting for a few 80+ degree days to start happening. Then the heater will go on, and it's swim season! We are regularly using the spa now. :)

Reactions: kellyfair
I don’t have the suction side cleaner you have, but on the lines of hard to get items last year I just picked up two Intex pool lights.
full

I wanted to buy these last year but they were marked up on Amazon (like all pool stuff), so I wasn’t sure. Do they only work with Intex-type pools?
Yeah I know they were marked up last year, $100+, Intex sold directly for $75 but was out of stock all year. I’ve been watching Intex’s website, they are now back in stock...with a new price of $100!!

A seller on Amazon had a price of $95 and Amazon offered $5 off, so I bought these two at $90 each given that they price will only go up if Intex is listing them at $100 now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How do you install those lights, @jseyfert3 ?
Magnets. See the unlit one on the right? The two halves simply pull apart. Put the inner one on the inside of the pool, put the outer one outside and they snap together. Plug in, switch on.

The inner portion floats if the outer portion is removed.

Do they only work with Intex-type pools?
To my knowledge, yes. I believe metal would block the wireless power transfer and they need to be very close for the wireless power transfer to work as well, so I imagine a resin wall pool would also be out of the question. That leaves only Intex style pools.

Very much ready for this summer! We finished installation of our pool the end of August last year so only got a couple weeks of swimming in before it got too cold. Hubby got me a solar cover for Christmas! Then ordered all my chemicals I will need for this summer before they start becoming hard to find. Our plans this spring is to build a 16' x 16' deck off the pool! Currently looking at different furniture and chairs and possibly a canopy to provide some shade since my pool is in all day sun. I also purchase a set of LED lights for inside the pool! Would love to see other's deck ideas!!

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Very much ready for this summer! We finished installation of our pool the end of August last year so only got a couple weeks of swimming in before it got too cold. Hubby got me a solar cover for Christmas! Then ordered all my chemicals I will need for this summer before they start becoming hard to find. Our plans this spring is to build a 16' x 16' deck off the pool! Currently looking at different furniture and chairs and possibly a canopy to provide some shade since my pool is in all day sun. I also purchase a set of LED lights for inside the pool! Would love to see other's deck ideas!!
That’s so awesome!! We plan on expanding our existing deck when we get the NEW pool installed, but knowing my husband, who knows when that project will be complete!! I’m ordering a nice A-frame ladder in the meantime since I don’t trust that he will get it done before swimming season lmao

Reactions: MommaHuffman
Stupid weather this weekend has made it hard to get old pool down. I’ve been going out between storms and doing a little at a time.

I need to order a new solar cover, and have been thinking about a new liner. The pool was installed in the spring of 2010 and is the original liner. No leaks or patches, but very faded.

Thank you for posting this - I totally forgot we needed a new solar cover! 🤦🏼‍♀️

We did a lot of new landscaping and added screen curtains to the patio last year (OMG, love, love, LOVE the mosquito curtains! 😍 ).

This year we're finally adding the deck extension out to the pool, and rebuilding the equipment pad - putting in a small retaining wall and increasing the pad size so we can put a couple big deck boxes out there for equipment storage, and adding a "dry" river bed from there out to our fence line. We're lining up people to do those projects now so they won't interfere with actual pool time.

A big storage shed is also on the list (making space in the garage for a new driver 😱 ) - we should probably get on that pretty soon too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.