Who’s getting ready for the next season?!

I’ll be doing a Jack’s Magic iron scale treatment to remove stains and then a water exchange using the ‘tarp method’. Probably around the middle of March.

I’m shopping for a new AGP before they all sell out again! My Intex has been a great starter pool but I’m ready to upgrade to something a little more permanent. Praying they don’t start selling out and/or prices skyrocket before mid-February! I’m planning on buying from thepoolfactory.com!

Reactions: MommaHuffman
But I’m definitely ready!! My pool is currently a block of ice lol. I closed it as normal for the winter (without cover) so the water weight will keep the area nice and flat for the new pool haha (our backyard is sloped, so the groundwork was a nightmare.)

I need a new discharge hose. I threw out the existing.

Maybe a solar cover. We saved it, but bubbles were popping and finding little blue plastic bits in the skimmer basket last year.

Need to make a final decision on the pump. It's been leaking, for quite a while before I knew what a problem a little dribble was. The shaft is totally rusted and impeller seized. I'm afraid to try harder and shear the shaft. I think I'm going to reassemble it, let it leak until it dies, then deal with replacement. The pad isn't level and the pump is downhill from the motor, so little to no water is making its way along the shaft into the motor.

I'm going to drill some holes in the steps. There are holes top and bottom, to let water fill the steps, but there's also a raised part underneath where air accumulates. I want to let that air out. There was a scum line at the air/water level on the underneath of each step.

It's currently 27 degrees and we are supposed to get three inches today. I'm doing nothing but mental work on the pool, for several more months.

Does dreaming about warm weather and floating in the sun count? LOL We installed a heater last year with fresh pvc plumbing. I think this will be the first spring since installing the pool that we won't have any major projects to do before opening. (Build thread in the signature.) The only thing I'm on the lookout for is when stores start to get fresh stock of liquid chlorine. I'll stock up once they do.

Yep. Massive spending spree here (in the Uk so even more expensive!!). We only got the pool late in the season last year so just did basic setup albeit did dig out and level the ground.

Delivered or ordered in the last week:
XPS insulation for the base
Air source Heat pump
New pump and filter
Skimmer
Patch repair kit (just in case)
Intex robot vacuum thing (it’s cheap!)
Bypass valves for heat pump

Still need
Solar cover roller
Vacuum hose reel
Intex pool light
Plumbing bits to add heater + new pump
CYA and Fas-dpd test kit

Some of the bits needed I’m still struggling to get stock in Uk at a sensible price.
I’m also struggling to find CYA and Fas-dpd test kits. Previous recommendations on the forum no longer supply them (something about the law!!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got a new (and bigger) pump, sand filter, SWG, solar cover on an end of season sale last fall. Just got an order of Jandy valves and PVC pipe/fittings last week. May is going to be busy getting everything set up in between trying to get land and equipment ready to start seeding.

Andrew

Been researching what it will take to get music to the backyard and pool. Main criteria is that i don’t want any remote or need to manually adjust or turn on anything but just be able to select the speakers using airplay2 on my phone and it will just work.

Think i have settled on the Sonos Amp and connecting a pair of Polk Audio Atrium 5 Outdoor Speakers and a pair of TIC B06 6" Premium in ground speakers. Also may plug the amp into a smart switch so i can turn it off when not being used because of heat but can just turn it on by asking siri.

Should make it user friendly and just work without having to worry about other apps or manually fittering with anything. plus then anyone on the wifi network should be able to play to it.

Beyond that , also need to find furniture for the decking around the pool and maybe a inflatable movie screen for float-ins this summer.

Can’t wait for our first warm pool season to get started!!!!

Reactions: jdoghaf
First post on this forum. We bought an Intex 18X48 pool last summer (my Father's day present that I got to set up). We had the ground dug up by a friend with a mini-backhoe, and then he topped it off with several inches of sand. The ground wasn't level, so there was a lot more sand on one side compared to the other, even though the surface was level. Unfortunately, the poles sank into the sand, unleveling the pool by several inches. I ended up draining about half the water, jacking up one pole at a time, and installing 6X6 concrete pavers under most of the poles until it was level. It was a week-long iterative process, as I only took it up 3/4" at a time for each pole, working on it each evening. I got it to less than an inch all the way around, so our 4 kids enjoyed the pool for the rest of the summer. :)

This fall, I removed the sand, laying it on a tarp and covering it, then dug down to level the ground and expanded it so we could add a border of river rock around the pool. I've worked on it occasionally since then, and just need to finish leveling it so I'll only need 1 paver under each pole instead of a few or more pavers on most of the poles. I'm browsing the forum looking at ideas and pictures for the border.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
So, I’m in Florida so pool weather is just around the corner. I just bought the pool I was coveting from the Pool Factory, a 18’ round all resin pool. I’m SO excited! I’ve had a good run with Intex, but I’m ready to graduate!

This weekend I will drain the Intex and take it down. I think I’m going to relocate back to original spot in the yard, since my neighbor’s annoying acorn shedding tree is no more! I still need to figure out pump/filter, etc. and I’m going to have someone else level the ground and install... as God is my witness, I shall never level ground again.

I might be a little TOO excited for this season!! Ordered my new AGP from thepoolfactory.com since they’re having a 25% off sale and I wanted to get my pool before they all sell out (and get marked up like crazy again)!! They have so many in stock, I was surprised. It’ll be arriving early next week and will be stored in the garage until installation in April! This is my new baby!!!!51DCB2C0-5220-4838-9542-1BE31031D3F2.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.