Chelan Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I read a few threads about white flakes hoping to have my question answered without asking but some of the terminology and abbreviations have me stumped.
What does CSI stand for? TA?
I understand that these flakes may be coming from our brand new salt generator, pool has only been in use for a week and a half, how is that possible? My PH was high today for the first time 8. All others were within the recommendations. We did have to Shock 2 days ago because the chlorine was at 0. It's now at 5. I use a Taylor test kit. How do we get rid of the flakes, why are they showing up on new equipment and what do all of those abbreviations mean?TIA!

If the calcium flakes are coming from the SWG, there may be a way to better balance your pool to reduce or eliminate them. Please post a full set of test results and let us take a look.
PH 7.4
TA 110
CYA 45
Chlorine 2.5
CH 900 (yikes)
We do have well water and Lord knows where the water truck water came from. Pool is 2 weeks old (open)
We do not have any scaling on the sides of the pool. Just those white flakes that come out of the jets occasionally.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use that water for any time you need to fill the pool due to evaporation or other reasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.