White film on surface

jeffh110

Aug 20, 2023
Kentucky
What exactly is this, never seen this in 7 years. My pool was crystal clear a few hours ago, left it with cleaner going and came back to a surface of this. Not bubbles, a definite film. Ideas?

Attachments

• 20230820_154811.jpg
    20230820_154811.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 20
Hi and welcome to TFP. I think I know what it is. What do you use to add chlorine to your pool?
Sorry, I forgot a little history. It is a saltwater pool, have had the generator off for a slam. Slam has worked great, almost at the end. Free chlorine is at 14, combined is at .5, Ph is 7.4 For the slam I have been using liquid, don't want to overwork the SWG. I am at the end of week 2 of the slam.

What exactly is this, never seen this in 7 years. My pool was crystal clear a few hours ago, left it with cleaner going and came back to a surface of this. Not bubbles, a definite film. Ideas?
And thanks for the welcome, sorry I forget the intro! I am from KY, year 7 of owning my fiberglass pool. Been lurking for years. After years of listening to the pool installer this year has been an eye opener. Simple test kits don't work, the white chalk isn't just my pool getting old but is calcium that I can do something about, and a pH of 7.8 to 8 isn't so good.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.