Whisper Flo No pressure

bfr57

Jun 6, 2011
Have a 20yo Pentair whisperflo that has almost zero pressure. Changed strainer oring. No difference switching valves. Impeller looks good. Poored water on valves and connections. All no change. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of filter do you have? When did you last clean your filter?

You sure you checked the impeller for clogs. See this thread…

Yes, checked impeller for clogs. Cartridge filters. Filters just cleaned, but that always presents a high pressure condition when they’re dirty. Opening valve on top of filter housing is just a dribble of water.

Remove the filter cartridge and run the system and see if there is any difference.

How did you check the impeller?

Do you have actual low flow, or is the problem just the pressure you see on the gauge???

Sounds to me like your filter is plugged at the top where the water enters the gauge and air vent valve

You can sometimes fix that problem.. With the pump off, and the air vent open, force water from a garden hose back through the vent valve and into the filter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Just to be clear, the filter pressure gauge measures how hard it is to push water through your filter..

High filter pressure does not mean your pump is putting out too much, it means your filter, or some part of the water's path back to the pool, is too restricted.. In a filters case, the lower the pressure, the better.. My filter pressure is about 1 lb. on a 30 lb. gauge, but then I have a VS pump running at a low RPM.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The air relief has no external leaks. This is only for manual operation correct? Nothing to do with normal ops? Gauge is good. Still puzzled that the only thing I did is remove that screen and pressure changes?