which test kit to purchase?

ActivFam

Jun 30, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
I see the TF100 and K-2006-c recommended here.

We have AG 21 x54 pool (in MN) and I've been using strips for 4 years and now having problems that require better kit. I am used to testing daily and don't mind the work but just not sure what to buy for our situation. I just want something fast so I can begin to clear up our pool problems!

Order a TF100 test kit
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir. It makes testing much easier.

I would get the TF100 with the XL option. If you've been using pucks your CYA is likely high. You will probaply need to SLAM the pool. The XL gives you extra reagents for the chlorine tests.

Two thumbs up on the speedstir.

Thanks for recommendation! I looked at both TF100 xl with speedster and K-2006-c and decided TF100 will meet our needs better long term. I went ahead and ordered XL because I will probably need to run tests a few times until I figure out kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.