Where is Intermatic timer model# located?

There should be a label on the inside of the box cover.

If that's missing, there's a model number on the back of the timer mechanism. Push the tab up on the upper left and pull the timing mechanism out. Make sure power is off.

Reactions: JamesW
Looks like your label was removed.

You can remove the black cover plate and show the wires.

full

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

The Intermatic model number is determined by two things 120V or 240V control and 120V or 240V clock motor.

Look at the wiring it is controlling and look at the back at the voltage of the clock motor.

• T101 - SPST with 120V clock motor
  • T103 - DPDT with 120V clock motor
  • T104 - DPDT with 240V clock motor
  • T106 - NONC with 240V clock motor

Reactions: timcub
A black and white feed supply usually means that the supply is 120 volts, however the way that the clock is wired is usually a 240 volt configuration.

You need to measure the incoming supply voltage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got a new one and am all set to install it when I notice the label says "Type 1 Indoor Use Only". I was going to replace the old one which is installed on an exterior wall next to the pool pump. Did I get the wrong one?20230804_103643_copy_1612x1209.jpg

I got a new one and am all set to install it when I notice the label says "Type 1 Indoor Use Only". I was going to replace the old one which is installed on an exterior wall next to the pool pump. Did I get the wrong one?View attachment 519689
Remove the mechanism from the "indoor only" box and put it in the box outside. You only needed that mechanism. The small tab at the top of the mechanism will push up, releasing it from the mount.

Reactions: dclynds
After realizing I got the right timer with the wrong enclosure, I decided to give a Wi-Fi timer a shot. The only thing that is different electrically, is that the Wi-Fi timer supports only a 30A inductive (general, non-resistive) load, while the mechanical supports a 40A inductive load. I don't think this is going to be an issue with my 1.5 HP pump, but just wanted to get someone else's thoughts on if the 30A limit would be an issue in any case (whether we think the Wi-Fi timer is a good or bad idea is a topic for another day 🙂).20230805_090748_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.