Where Did My In Line Chlorinator Go & New Pump Failure

Don't know if the valves in front of the pump are new, but air can be pulled in through the O rings in them, especially the stem O rings that are seldom checked.
the valve in front of the pump? No he didn’t replace that.

Attachments

• EF649D26-4222-47A2-858A-766EBE190B67.jpeg
    EF649D26-4222-47A2-858A-766EBE190B67.jpeg
    823.4 KB · Views: 6
The plumbing looks odd.

Is it out of level or is it just the angle of the picture?

View attachment 481758
This is a straight picture. Is that better?
I looked back at old pictures and those pipes were straight before the new pump and filter install last week.
Should I mention it? What does that do?

There is no air relief on this filter.

How much salt and how much sand?

full
500 pounds of sand and 600 pounds of salt.
I was worn out after 😂

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
This is a straight picture. Is that better?
I looked back at old pictures and those pipes were straight before the new pump and filter install last week.
Should I mention it? What does that do?
Does the plumbing leak? If not and there is a bit of mis-alignment, the Texas heat will cause the pipes to relax. If the pipe to the filter from the pump isn't at a true 90 degrees to the left it will look like that.
Is that the wrong amounts?
I only did what I was told told. 😬

Brand new switch to SWG
New water? Zero salt is virtually impossible in a pool that has been in use.

Reactions: KeriCarter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You said 1,600 lbs earlier.

500 + 600 is 1,100 lbs.

It's never zero.

Did you measure it?
The pool guy said it was zero. I assumed that’s because he tested before he told me to put all the salt in.
I just asked and he didn’t test though. He said it would be 0 because we had never had a SWG before.
I think I’m going to throw up. This is getting worse and worse. 😣

Does the plumbing leak? If not and there is a bit of mis-alignment, the Texas heat will cause the pipes to relax. If the pipe to the filter from the pump isn't at a true 90 degrees to the left it will look like that.

New water? Zero salt is virtually impossible in a pool that has been in use.
I’m worried there is a leak with all that popping and cracking at the top of the filter and with all the air bubbles in the pump pot. The pot is full but lots of bubbles flying around in there.
I don’t see any water coming out though. He’s still here. Maybe I can figure it out before he goes.

Yup, no air relief on that filter. Not to add to your issues, but you might want to ask why there is no actuator on the suction valve.
I’m googling but I can’t see where an actuator on a suction valve is supposed to be. I’m sorry. Can you explain it for a poop dummy, please?

I’m worried there is a leak with all that popping and cracking at the top of the filter and with all the air bubbles in the pump pot.

Any leak after the pump is on the pressure side of the system and would show as drops and water coming out when the pump is running.

The pot is full but lots of bubbles flying around in there.

Air only gets into the system when the pump is running from the suction side of the system. The suction side of the system stops at the pump pot.

Do you have a spa?
No, but our OnCommand uses a spa setting to run the bubblers and the slide. The pool guy can’t get them to work. Could what you are talking about be the reason why?
He’s been trying to get the oncommand to work the slide for 2 hours.
Thank you!

No, but our OnCommand uses a spa setting to run the bubblers and the slide. The pool guy can’t get them to work. Could what you are talking about be the reason why?
He’s been trying to get the oncommand to work the slide for 2 hours.
Thank you!

Forget what @1poolman1 was asking about an actuator on the suction valve. Your water features actuator lead him to think you had a spa.

I hope your Pool Guy has a direct line to Hayward support. This is where Hayward makes their setup very complicated even to pool guys.

I’ve ordered it and I’m praying it’s here tomorrow.
I hate I trusted him about that now, but he is the expert.
I’ve asked him not to turn the SWG on because I know my levels aren’t great yet and I can’t test the salt.
If the salt is way too high, do I backwash to remove some?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.