Where Did My In Line Chlorinator Go & New Pump Failure

IMPORTANT: There must be at least a 12" (25cm) straight pipe run before
(upstream) the flow switch. If the switch is plumbed after the cell, the cell can
by counted as the 12" (25cm) of straight pipe.

From https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/aquarite-aqr-owners-manual.pdf
Pool guy is here. I’m getting push back that it doesn’t matter. I am very uncomfortable telling someone how to do their job, even though I’m being very nice. I’ve shown them the pics, manual, and reasoning from you guys.
I explained they could just switch it around, but the main guy thinks the pipes will be too difficult to move since they have glued them?
I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Show them the manual.
Tell them you want it done to manufacturer specs.
Doesn't matter how difficult it is to fix.
If they would have done it correctly to begin with, they wouldn't have to fix it now.

Show them the manual.
If they would have done it correctly to begin with, they wouldn't have to fix it now.
I
Show them the manual.
Show them the manual.
They finally agreed to do it. They aren’t happy and it bothers me. I guess it’s my nature.
One more question. The new Hayward VS pump has a blank screen now.
He said it’s because we hooked it to automation now I can’t control the pump at itself. Is that correct.
VS3206
Thank you!

Hopefully they aren’t mad too long that I asked them to install the SWG correctly.

I asked him why the screen on the new pump doesn’t work SPX3206Z1VSPE and he said once you hook it up to the OnCommand, I lose the screen.
That doesn’t seem right?
Also, the new pump he brought is a different one than what we agreed on and from what he already installed and failed.

Also, there’s a lot of popping sound coming from the pipes and tiny, racing bubbles in the clear part of the pump.

I’ll never get them back out here so if any of this is wrong, someone please help me 😂

The new Hayward VS pump has a blank screen now.
He said it’s because we hooked it to automation now I can’t control the pump at itself. Is that correct.
VS3206

Your signature does not tell me what Hayward automation system you have .

I think with Hayward the automation RS-485 connection disconnects the pump control panel connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: KeriCarter
Your signature does not tell me what Hayward automation system you have or what pump model you have.

Are you trying to control the pump at itself when the automation is in AUTO mode or SERVICE mode?

You can't control the pump by itself when the automation is controlling it.

When you put the automation into SERVICE mode you tell the automation to release control of the pump and then you should be able to directly control it.

I am the least familiar with Hayward automation and the above is the way most automation systems work.
Sorry, I was in the process of changing my signature when all of this happened.
Yes, it’s a Hayward OnCommand and I thought I would still be able to control it at the pump, but I could have been wrong. I am a lot 😂

They finally agreed to do it. They aren’t happy and it bothers me.

Don't let it bother you. You paid good money to have it done correctly.
A consumers espectation is that stuff is installed according to manufacturers specs.
Their inability to read and follow the instructions is a them issue, not a you issue.

I think with Hayward the automation RS-485 connection disconnects the pump control panel connection.

Reactions: KeriCarter
Normal if automation is in AUTO mode. The automation controls the pump, not the pump keypad.

If you change from AUTO mode to SERVICE mode, you would be able to control the pump from the pump keypad. For normal everyday operation, the automation panel should be in AUTO.

If there are lots of bubles visible tru the lid of the pump basket, you may have a suction side air leak drawing air in. First thing to check is the o-ring on the pump lid. Be sure it's lubed with silicone based pool lube.

Normal if automation is in AUTO mode. The automation controls the pump, not the pump keypad.

If you change from AUTO mode to SERVICE mode, you would be able to control the pump from the pump keypad. For normal everyday operation, the automation panel should be in AUTO.
Thank you!

Is there a difference between these 2 pumps?

SP3206VSPBH
SPX3206Z1VSPE

Also, there are a bunch of tiny bubbles racing around in the pump pot. Is that right or are they related to the intermittent popping sound I am hearing?

I really appreciate your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your signature does not tell me what Hayward automation system you have or what pump model you have.

Are you trying to control the pump at itself when the automation is in AUTO mode or SERVICE mode?

You can't control the pump by itself when the automation is controlling it.

When you put the automation into SERVICE mode you tell the automation to release control of the pump and then you should be able to directly control it.

I am the least familiar with Hayward automation and the above is the way most automation systems work.
Don't let it bother you. You paid good money to have it done correctly.
A consumers espectation is that stuff is installed according to manufacturers specs.
Their inability to read and follow the instructions is a them issue, not a you issue.
Thank you. I pride myself on being the nicest customer anyone has ever had.
I even carried all 1600 pounds of salt and sand from his truck down to the pad and pool 😂

Now I’m afraid to ask about the bubbles in the strainer pot and the different pump he brought today vs what he had told me originally.

I’d love to be more assertive, but my husband is at work 😂

Your signature does not tell me what Hayward automation system you have .

I was in the middle of changing the signature and I think I saved without finishing when the pool guy showed up. Sorry. It’s an OnCommand system.
Thank you!

Don't be afraid to ask about the bubbles in the pump basket. You shouldn't be able to see air being drawn in.

At low RPM, a small air bubble may form in the pump lid. But running the pump at 2000 RPM or higher should allow the pump basket to show any air.

Look at your contract - be sure the pump listed is the one installed.

SPX3206Z1VSPE is the Power End, which is shown below.

Maybe they switched out the power end?

Honestly, there are way too many different model numbers and Hayward seems to keep generating more models every day.

It's basically impossible to keep up with their confusing array of different models.

SPX3206Z1VSPE.jpg

Attachments

• 82A110A4-A4D4-434A-B046-FC4583E7F81F.jpeg
    82A110A4-A4D4-434A-B046-FC4583E7F81F.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 7
  • D77F74B5-7099-4347-9970-4F2F9131DF91.jpeg
    D77F74B5-7099-4347-9970-4F2F9131DF91.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 8
  • C3B6BDA7-3382-44D2-AA5C-5D7DD323C085.jpeg
    C3B6BDA7-3382-44D2-AA5C-5D7DD323C085.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 4C4FD888-C76E-47FF-A4FD-E934BD9689E4.jpeg
    4C4FD888-C76E-47FF-A4FD-E934BD9689E4.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 8
SPX3206Z1VSPE is the Power End, which is shown below.

Maybe they switched out the power end?

Honestly, there are way too many different model numbers and Hayward seems to keep generating more models every day.

It's basically impossible to keep up with their confusing array of different models.

SPX3206Z1VSPE.jpg
Yes. He said he had to switch out the power end when he couldn’t hook up the OnCommand Due to a drive failure message.
So the pumps are basically the same? Why in the world is this so confusing to me. 😩

It looks like they replaced the power end.

The "BH" at the end means Blue Haven, which you can see on the blue sticker.

Hayward makes the pump for Blue Haven, but it is the same pump.

1681234581892.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.