Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This is just for my own curiosity, so I thought I would post it here to see what the consensus really is.

According to Pool School:
You(the SLAM) are done when:

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • And the water is clear.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

However I also here others say that another criteria is:

When you no longer see live algae

While I have also seen areas where long time users expand the latter to say:

When you no longer see any signs of algae, dead or alive.

So who is correct? Is Pool School the criteria or does it need updating? Should you continue a SLAM even though all Pool School criteria is complete but you are still cleaning dead algae off the bottom of the pool?

I know a few people have been confused on when to stop the SLAM and have been given varying answers. So what is the definitive answer? :p

Wow! Four responses with four different answers. So you can see how someone can get confused, right?

So maybe it should say in Pool School:

And the water is clear enough to tell whether a quarter on the floor of the pool is face-up and there is no dead algae present.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.