When do I open up after winter?

well got the tf100 kit tested cya it was clear so i added 4 lbs of dry cya last night in a sock brushed the pool and this morning looked like a coke dealer dropped stuff in the pool so brushed it several times this was at 5 am went to walmart to get bleach (10% pool esentials) came back brushed it again, pump ran for about 4 hours last night turned it back on at 4 am. 9 am tested cya
cya 30
added a gallon of bleach will test cl in a few hours just to see were that is at. and tonight will do a fc test
did I miss anything? ph was 7.2 before cya I guess i will test it when i test the cl.
BTW. no one was at walmart the shelves are empty. "No MILK" kid drinks a gallon a day... the stupid crazy people havnt found the pool supplies yet.... So I bought 6 gallons, SWG prices will prolly go up.
Ok back to building walls got to get the basement done before it gets nice out.

well got the tf100 kit tested cya it was clear so i added 4 lbs of dry cya last night in a sock brushed the pool and this morning looked like a coke dealer dropped stuff in the pool so brushed it several times this was at 5 am went to walmart to get bleach (10% pool esentials) came back brushed it again, pump ran for about 4 hours last night turned it back on at 4 am. 9 am tested cya
cya 30
added a gallon of bleach will test cl in a few hours just to see were that is at. and tonight will do a fc test
did I miss anything? ph was 7.2 before cya I guess i will test it when i test the cl.
BTW. no one was at walmart the shelves are empty. "No MILK" kid drinks a gallon a day... the stupid crazy people havnt found the pool supplies yet.... So I bought 6 gallons, SWG prices will prolly go up.
Ok back to building walls got to get the basement done before it gets nice out.

I would leave the pump on 24x7 until everything is balanced.

well it is raining (suppose to rain next few days) so guess free cl overnight test was a bust here was the readings last night didnt do the ta test
fc. 7.5
cc 0.5
tc 8
ph 7.5
cya 30

I put to much cl but figured no one is going to be using the pool for awhile so it will go down at some point. pool just has a small hint of cloudiness.
btw. To keep the breaker from tripping they installed a bigger amp breaker. the stupid breaker cost more then the proper wire would of cost them.
This is way to realistic at this point to be funny :)

• Haha
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
well it is raining (suppose to rain next few days) so guess free cl overnight test was a bust here was the readings last night didnt do the ta test
fc. 7.5
cc 0.5
tc 8
ph 7.5
cya 30

I put to much cl but figured no one is going to be using the pool for awhile so it will go down at some point. pool just has a small hint of cloudiness.
btw. To keep the breaker from tripping they installed a bigger amp breaker. the stupid breaker cost more then the proper wire would of cost them.

Shouldn't the breaker be sized to the wire, I'm not an electrician, nor do I play one on TV, but this doesn't sound right.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes breaker should be so many amps less then max amps for wire that isnt the worse part of the wiring they had 12/3 romex in 1/2"conduit and the end of the conduit stoped before the breaker box hard turned so the end of the conduit was cutting the wire, an appliance cord ran threw the floor for the dishwasher wire nuted to romex, the list goes on. all this passed the inspection guy that was worthless. i will see if i can find a picture.

Here is some of the pics its not a bad house just anything that was done has to be redone

Attachments

• 30ABB039-E16F-4B2E-8BA4-525760CD3380.jpeg
    30ABB039-E16F-4B2E-8BA4-525760CD3380.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 710F5CF2-5FF5-4998-B8DB-0F7747A95A1F.jpeg
    710F5CF2-5FF5-4998-B8DB-0F7747A95A1F.jpeg
    525.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 856EAB69-39A9-4BDD-A9C3-483FB0C81818.jpeg
    856EAB69-39A9-4BDD-A9C3-483FB0C81818.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 10
  • D0D20899-A13C-4407-9F0E-4E05E3D12FC7.jpeg
    D0D20899-A13C-4407-9F0E-4E05E3D12FC7.jpeg
    590.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hhehehehehe....gonna show these to Skippy and play the game of "What's wrong with these pictures?" :laughblue:

Wow.. kinda hard to believe the inspector even looked? I hope you weren't the paying party at least? He must have been a friend or relative of the sellers :rant:

Lol well the shower drained onto the floor then ran across to the main drain we didn’t pay for the guy but our mortgage company did. The one wall was particle board that was to hide the bowing wall and on the back it was covered with mold the sink drained into that wall then to the drain and not one ground was hooked up in the house. All of that is fixed just putting in walls now. All new plumbing including main drain most electric. Will finish that when I start upstairs

ok fc stable I havnt added any for 2 days due to the fact I got it to high
cya 30
ph 7.5
fc 7.5
cc .5
tc 8
ta 110

water is looking pretty clear still havnt done the over night test non stop storms but I am assuming since the drop test for the cl is not really changing that there is no algae, TA is high was hoping rain would solve that I have had to pump out about 4 inches of water, but the cl hasnt changed doing the drop tests. guess I will lower the TA by putting in acid then raising ph with aeration or do I just wait till the rain stops?

btw ran the pump for 24 hours as instructed for the cya
I had a question about that if the cya gets in the filter before it desolves does that not help the sand-filter filter out smaller particles by plugging up the sand, the same as a dirty filter cleans better then fresh new sand?
it seems the water got alot clearer after adding the cya, I can see the bottom pretty good at this point, any way trying to learn as I go. So dont be to hard on me.

7:00 am vacuumed ok now to go read what this means :) other then I need cl in there with a cya of 30 though I havnt checked that since before the rain.
fc 3.0
cc 2.0
tc 4.0
cya 30 just checked
so no need to slam and cl should be 4-6 added just over 1/2 a gallon of 10% let me know if I am wrong please

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.