What's your PERFECT pool temp? What's the minimum for you to jump in?

PointeTaken

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2019
Hoover, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Perfect for me is around 78 degrees. I'll jump into low-70's water if the sun is out and the ambient temp is at least 80. What about you?

Fail Fathers Day GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool build started Sept 22, finally finished and we fill March 1st. I waited 30 days and went in on Sunday April 4th. The water was 65 degrees. I did it. Teeth chattering.

I went in last Sunday, too. It was up to 72 degrees which wasn’t bad, teeth chattering.

To answer your question... 85/78

Are we suppose to swim in the swimming pool? To be honest I have owned a pool for 26 years and rarely get in. I just enjoy sitting by it and watching the kids have fun.
Except kids are grown and debating selling it :)

If it makes you happy *and* doesn't bother/hurt anybody else.........

Well, what more is there ? :)
Realtor friend told us because we walk out the backdoor unto the pool deck our house would most likely sell above asking price and in a week. Problem is if we stay in the area we would have to pay a lot even for a smaller home.
Crazy market, was told a lot of folks are leaving high price locations like California and NY so what seems expensive to us is a bargain to them :)

Realtor friend told us because we walk out the backdoor unto the pool deck our house would most likely sell above asking price and in a week. Problem is if we stay in the area we would have to pay a lot even for a smaller home.
Crazy market, was told a lot of folks are leaving high price locations like California and NY so what seems expensive to us is a bargain to them :)

Yeah and once they move into cheaper areas, those areas will also increase and drive out the current residents. It is a viscous cycle. We'd love to sell now I could get near double what I paid for my house. But we have to live somewhere! I am almost tempted to rent for a while.

Yeah and once they move into cheaper areas, those areas will also increase and drive out the current residents. It is a viscous cycle. We'd love to sell now I could get near double what I paid for my house. But we have to live somewhere! I am almost tempted to rent for a while.
I agree, debated apartment living " hello landlord, the water heater is leaking can you fix it while I go to dinner" sounds nice :)
Our kids are grown and 3 of the 4 bedrooms stay closed up 99% of the time

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.