What's your current pool temp?

76 chilly degrees here in NE Kansas.. We've been in at least four times since our early May opening of 58 degrees and blue lips. Reminded me of growing up swimming in Bear Creek -Idledale, Colorado. Lucky to see 58 degrees by August.

farmgirl said:
Thank you very much. We were truly attached to her. I found her in 1993, long before i even met the man that is now my husband. Hard to lose someone you've been so close to for all those years. And we just lost our old horse in January....and our old pet rabbit too.....WHEW! What an awful year so far....hope it gets better!!!!
It will be a bad day when that happens in my house!
zu8a8a3y.jpg

Air temp 109 daytime, 88 nighttime - water temp 84, but lower it to 79 with aerator during early morning hours while filtering and cleaning.

mrodgers said:
Ah, let's see.... Ocean temp is about 78, who cares what the pool is 700 miles away! :mrgreen:

Amazing how much warmer the ocean water feels when it is 78 compared to our pool at home when it is around 80-82.

Hmmmmm......

Clean sanitized pool vs. who knows what is drifting in with the tide.....

Having grown up on the west coast, Monterey Peninsula, central CA coast. I don't think I'd ever seen ocean temp as high as 78. It was normal to see surfers in full body wetsuits. That time being mid 1960's before a lot was done with cities dumping raw sewage into the ocean :shock: .....

I'll take my pool over that any day! :twisted:

Charlie_R said:
Having grown up on the west coast, Monterey Peninsula, central CA coast. I don't think I'd ever seen ocean temp as high as 78. It was normal to see surfers in full body wetsuits.
I lived in Boca Raton, Florida for a year so experienced the wonderful warm ocean water that got well into the 80's (see this link compared to Monterey typically in the mid-50's in this link). I learned to scuba dive while I was there. Then I came back to the S.F. Bay Area and when a friend came out to visit we went to Monterey to scuba dive and the water was 48ºF (colder than normal). Even with a wet suit, it was unpleasant, especially for that initial fill of a thin water layer and for whatever small area of skin was exposed on the face. Getting mired in a kelp forest didn't help either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got my HP running...took it from 70 to a nice 84 today...84 was PERFECT for us...lets see how the solar cover keeps her warm this evening.

EDIT - only loss 2 degrees last night with the solar cover, overnight low was mid 60's - wow really happy with setup.

First Post, so hello all. My pool is at 79 this morning. Just trimmed out our new solar cover last night and only lost 2 degrees with a heavy rain and hi 50's over night. Rumor has it, the Dominion Gas Company executives canceled their order for the new Leer Jet when my solar cover was delivered :cheers:

aquaknight said:
First Post, so hello all. My pool is at 79 this morning. Just trimmed out our new solar cover last night and only lost 2 degrees with a heavy rain and hi 50's over night. Rumor has it, the Dominion Gas Company executives canceled their order for the new Leer Jet when my solar cover was delivered :cheers:
Welcome to the forum!

Sent via Tapatalk...

Pool is at 75 here in Toronto. Temperature today was around 70 but sunny. Have a solar system, with no cover. Been around 58 overnight so not too much loss. Should really use our cover but they are just such a pain...

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

I just got out of my brothers pool in East Hampton, NY. It was 70 this morning and felt great!!! Kicked the heater on and knocked it up to 76, still felt good.

Over 80 to me does not cool you off like a pool is supposed to do, but my wife would take mid 80's all day long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.