What's your current pool temp?

linen said:
Pool is still rock solid (now with snow on top...been a weird year), hot tub 104 :party:

I truly do not understand how people can take it that hot!

I can stay indefinitely in 94 or 95... 97 and I am out in 15 min sweating. I would imagine 104 I would be in and out before I got all the way wet!

Lershac said:
I truly do not understand how people can take it that hot!

I can stay indefinitely in 94 or 95... 97 and I am out in 15 min sweating. I would imagine 104 I would be in and out before I got all the way wet!
Now that I think about it...it is probably more like 102 (thermometer might be reading 2 high). 104 is too hot for me too. I find that when it is cold out (though we haven't had much of that this year up here) I can stand warmer, but when it's summer (and humid), then I agree cooler is better. Probably has to do with cooling of my head.

Oddly enough, I like a hot hot tub even when it is hot outside. I don't own one myself, but the few times I have enjoyed a friend or family member's tub it was always in the middle of summer! Now how messed up is this...1st day of March, high of 80 degrees and I just turned my a/c on! Meanwhile the pool is sweating like a beer can and the water is 55 degrees. Saturday it will be a high of maybe 68 degrees. Usually don't crank up the a/c til May!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
zea3 said:
Oddly enough, I like a hot hot tub even when it is hot outside. I don't own one myself, but the few times I have enjoyed a friend or family member's tub it was always in the middle of summer! Now how messed up is this...1st day of March, high of 80 degrees and I just turned my a/c on! Meanwhile the pool is sweating like a beer can and the water is 55 degrees. Saturday it will be a high of maybe 68 degrees. Usually don't crank up the a/c til May!

Use your pool to precool your beer!

My a/c has been getting a workout!

We just turned on our solar and the pool climbed from 56ºF to 59ºF in spite of the mostly cloudy day yesterday. We've got more rain coming, but hopefully will get the temperature up enough to then use gas starting in April. The solar by itself won't be able to maintain the 88ºF we prefer until probably May, though it will still help reduce gas costs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.