What's your current pool temp?

88 degrees! Thanks to that same Chicago heatwave.

Being our first season with this pool/house, I thought we would have trouble getting our pool warm with the amount of shade it gets from trees. As soon as the east end of the pool is out of the shade, the west end starts to get shaded. I thought we might need to get a solar heater, but so far we doing well with just religious use of a solar cover.

Later in the season I may be looking for a solar heater again :?

With Dallas forecasts of 100-102 F highs with 80 F lows as far as the forecasts go, the pool temp has been hanging between 89-92 F. Peaked at 93 one day.

Personally, I love 87-90, but at 92 it's not really refreshing to be in any more, certainly not if you engage in any activity in the water...

I have been at 87 the past week up here in northern NJ, but when I went in last night it felt warmer, the temperatures are rising so I will have to take another look today but I imagine it will be in the 90s by weekend. Not using the heater but the clear solar cover is doing its miracles. Not losing any water and temp is great.

I know y'all are just dyin to know if I've hit an all new record for the season. And yes, yes indeed we have!

Drumroll...

76 degrees without a solar cover! Whoohoo!

Gonna cloud up and get dull on us tomorrow though. Perhaps even a shower or two. People get all crazy and freaky when there's a chance summer might have arrived. Men shed their shirts and take walks, women pull out the tank tops and shed the bras... freaky and fairly disturbing, to say the least. Fishbelly white skin all over the place! :~}

Pool temperature today was a cool 78 degrees using 400SF of solar panels in partly cloudy weather. Thats about the warmest tempo this winter so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Karl said:
Pool temperature today was a cool 78 degrees using 400SF of solar panels in partly cloudy weather. Thats about the warmest tempo this winter so far.
The average daytime temperature in Melbourne, FL in February is 74 while at night it is 52 so if you did not have any solar heating or cover the water temp would be around 64ºF so you're getting a 14ºF rise even in partly cloudy weather. With some more sun, you should be able to get even warmer. Do you have a solar cover as well and if so, what color (clear or blue)?

Hey there Chem Geek ... no pool cover used. My screened enclosure filters a bit of the suns warming rays. The solar panels face more westerly than south and I have a slightly less efficient Heliocol Panels (more on that later) Today is partly cloudy with some wind and the pool is at 77 degrees at 1200 noon plus I run the pump about 6 hours a day starting at 10AM; I expect that I am losing a bit of heat due to wind evaporation too. I just use a blue solar cover on my spa when I want to "preheat" the spa ... I'll divert the solar panel output more toward the spa and get an immediate bump up in temp. That way I'll nedd less gas to get the spa up to operating temperature. Back to the solar panels ... You may be wondering about my choice to use Heliocol Panels; Heliocol panels have a much better wind load rating due to their design and require less roof fasteners ... that's a big PLUS here during hurricane season.

Be well!

Karl said:
You may be wondering about my choice to use Heliocol Panels; Heliocol panels have a much better wind load rating due to their design and require less roof fasteners ... that's a big PLUS here during hurricane season.

I thought the Heliocol panels were about the best? My pool got to 63 yesterday, outside temp was about 60 deg max but clear, supposed to have a few days over 70 this week, that should help. I've got 6 panels working for 6 hrs per day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.