What's your current pool temp?

53.8 degrees on Oct 31 when we closed the pool. We normally don't keep it open during October, but expense-wise, the extra month wasn't bad at all. We used 8 extra kWh this month compared to last year, and the chlorine demand dropped to where I only had to add a bottle of bleach every three days instead of every day. We didn't add any stinky "winter conditioner" to the water this year either, and I can't wait to see the water quality when we open next April. For that matter I can't wait for April just to open the pool again . . I miss it so much.

We're in the middle of a 3 day heat wave in Los Angeles.

Fully solar , no heater used, no solar cover, running pump at 1000 watts (1.3HP)& 3000 RPM

Yesterday I got up to 70.

Today I hit 80.

For sure - I'm spending some money on electricity to move the water quickly but at 15cents a KWH
- it's still way cheaper than the 400K heater.

Today "the roof" delivered about 207K BTU HR for 8 hours.

Uncle Dave

91 degrees on Haloween day this past Sunday:mrgreen: Love our solar heat :whoot: Best thing we have done to the pool :cheers: You can tell that the girls love it :goodjob: The second pic they are dancing to CUPID :party: :cheers:

DSCN9421Medium.jpg

Dancing to CUPID :-D

DSCN9477Medium.jpg

no pool cover for awhile, Its a two person job and the girlfriend won't help put it on till i vac the bottom clean, well everytime i do the wind kicks up and the pools a mess again, then she stopped using it as much soo i quite keeping after it. Now it's 50 deg. Waters been 50-60 deg. for over a month. :( Wish I had money for Evacuated Solar tube collectors, now those are HOT! Even in the winter and snow around them. Insulation is everything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What's wrong with this picture? They closed the pool in mid-December. Here they are installing the Loop-loc cover. It's 24 degrees here in the morning and 32 degrees at night, but the hot tub is a warm 100 degrees any day. I'm a NEWBIE and enjoying every minute of it. Thanks TFP!!!

Attachments

• lPhaseV-Day141-Picture01.jpg
    lPhaseV-Day141-Picture01.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 71
water temp is about 14 C and ambient temp this morning dropped to 7 C, couple weeks ago we had a few days at 3 C but then again, just yesterday afternoon it was over 20 C outside.

don't ever plan on installing a heater, it never really gets cold.

After several days, finally the air is above freezing, after about 1" of snow last night (unusual for Austin, TX!). Pool is 43 degrees F, air is about 36 and SUNSHINE! Supposed to be in the 50-60s this weekend....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.