What's your current pool temp?

Central Massachusetts. Mine still works pretty well down to the mid 50's. But i dont run it at night. I shut the pump off at 8 pm, and restart it at 7 am. it's still in the upper 60's to low 70's in the day time. I also use a solar cover. Supposed to get down into the 40's next week with highs in the upper 50's. I'll probably turn the heat off next weekend and shoot for a close around the 20th.

The last day of September is here and I'm still swimming without using the heater. Water is 75.8 and is cool and refreshing after doing a few hours of household chores in this humid weather. We had heavy rains today which brought the water level up about 1 1/2 inches and it's been quite breezy and gray all afternoon. It's such a different atmosphere to swim in weather like this vs. summer heat and sunshine - while swimming I'm looking at the maples nearby in their reds and golds.

Until I took apart the filter to repair it yesterday. I was running it at 90F, kids were loving it swimming in the rain with an OAT of about 55F :lol:

With free gas from my gas well in the back yard I can't think of any good reson not to :party:

Sure, there was a gas well on my property when I bought it and in the past it had been in commercial production. At some time before I bought my place the supply lines in the area developed leaks so the well could not be used. The gas company tried to sell the well to me but eventually just gave it to me to be rid of it.
I ran a line to the house about 10 years ago and have been using it since to heat the house etc without a hitch.
I recently bought a used gas pool heater so now it really comes into its own :!:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wish I had free gas too, however the next best thing is solar. Our pool was 90 degrees using solar plus a blanket.....

Man what I wouldn't give for a gas well on my property, my combined gas and electric bill for last month was $500!

Pools at 34C but only because we had a really hot Thanksgiving this weekend, it has turned cold again and I am thinking it may be time to put her away for the winter. How often can you say you were swimming in October in Manitoba!

Going to miss just looking at it, never mind swimming in it. :cry:

Pool was 60.2 yesterday - I'm afraid to go out there today to see what it is as it has most likely crossed over to a number that begins with "5".

Still don't know when we will close it - it's too pretty to close. Besides if there's a cover on it, how can my dear husband play with his remote control boat???!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.