What's your current pool temp?

It's been nearly 110 degrees here but my pool temp dropped down because it's been super windy. When outside temps were in the high 90s with no wind ..the pool was 86. Now its 83 in near 110. Weird

Just science. Evaporation to be specific. More of it on windy days and more noticeable in the desert. Here the highest temp has been briefly 95 and water is about 85. But way more humid. Wind doesn’t affect us when the air is more, satisfied, already. Pools are one big science experiment.

Ok.. I gotta Grad party goin down tomorrow .. people are coming to swim. So this morning around 7 ish it was 62 degrees.. yes 12th of June and my pool is borderline hypothermic... I fired up the big black egg.. and let it rumble....and rumble and lets get ready to rumble.... by 5:30p it was 80-ish... I'll cover it tonight (listen to me, like I'm raising dough for cinnamon rolls or something)... and I'll top it off with a few more BeeTeeYuz for the party at 2p. I might even push it up to 85 for the Flamingo Dancers that I booked!

degrees GIF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With the help of some more BTU's I got the pool up to 85 deg for yesterday's party. I'm sure another 5 degrees got added from a pool full of high school seniors blowing off the pent up steam from 18 months of lock down, playing some version of full contact Marco-Death-Polo. The curmudgeon in me wanted to stand on the side of the pool, hands on my hips, and yell "Hey you kids! Stop all that splashing! You're raising my pH with all that aeration, danm-it!"

gillian armstrong 80s GIF by FilmStruck

• Haha
Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude
Mine was a wonderful 91°
all on Solar power, even with a bad thunderstorm in the middle of the night.

So nice to not have the heater running.

Reactions: usfbull
When we had a few hot days here, got the pool to 84 I think it peaked at. Currently about 77, been cool and rainy for about a week. This weekend is looing hot again, so I'm betting with the solar heater running, we'll see above 80 by Saturday afternoon.
Not bad for Canada and not using the NG heater.

Reactions: jark87
Pool temp
Spa temp
Air temp

1623875937099.jpeg

(and that’s in the shade). But “it’s a dry heat”
It’s summer in Tucson!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.