What's your current pool temp?

Ours is up to 77 °F. The kids will get in at that temperature. I might get in when the water is over 80°, if it's warm enough outside.

Won't be long. (apologies to those of you North of the Mason Dixon Line). Don't worry, you can gloat when we are complaining about the humidity and mosquitoes that are so big they can carry your kids off. :lol:
Because we have a heater, we have it set to 86. We've been swimming since second week in May. But it was in the high 70s and low 80s in the last week in New Hampshire so we turned off the heater.

My pool was 65F yesterday.. I think I gained two degrees today as its starting to ramp up to a 105F day tomorrow.. or so say the forcasts. I'm going to put the solar cover on my pool tonight, that cuts down on the radiation loss, and I want to see how much the puppy gains in temperature with a potential 30 or 40 degree differential between the air and pool water!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine just dropped to 62 after 3 days with avg temp of 50. This week the avg temp will be about 68 so I'm going to crank the heat to 90 tomorrow. This weekend Saturday and Sunday the temp will be about 86-90.

I was holding at 78 last week. It got cold this weekend, rained an inch and it dropped to 70 degrees. My poor old solar cover rotted and I haven’t bothered to get a new one yet. Our temps should stay reasonable for a while in NC so if I get real worried, I got done black plastic to throw over it. Evaporation is my only issue.

In the past week I’ve gone from 80, down to 66, now today back to 75. Covered.

Who ordered the 35 degree overnight lows... in late May. :mad:

Weather is looking up, now. Next weekend calling for daytime highs in the mid-to-upper 80s. I’m hoping I can have the water >80 by then as well.

I got up this morning and about 7am the pool was 66 degrees, and it was cool out. But by 9:30am the air temp was 85 and rising... we took off to go kayaking for the day, and by the time we got back around 5-6pm the pool is a toasty 76 degrees, the peak temp today was 104F.. My pool spends most of the day in the shade so that is good ole heat transfer without radiation. Tomorrows high is expected to be 100.... lets see how many therms I can capture then.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.