What's your current pool temp?

49 degrees, outside temp 43. Forecast high of 60. First winter that I have taken over balancing. So cool to see the change in demands. pH likes to stay around 7.9, acid demand non existant, chlorine stable, with one exception of 12 ounces after heating the pool on a nice day recently, and that's because I increased my chlorine on purpose for us being in there. CSI/LSI -.05/-.01 to +.03/+.07 with temperature variations. TA 70 to 60, CH 370, CYA 40. Winter was a pleasant surprise.

49 degrees, outside temp 43. Forecast high of 60. First winter that I have taken over balancing. So cool to see the change in demands. pH likes to stay around 7.9, acid demand non existant, chlorine stable, with one exception of 12 ounces after heating the pool on a nice day recently, and that's because I increased my chlorine on purpose for us being in there. CSI/LSI -.05/-.01 to +.03/+.07 with temperature variations. TA 70 to 60, CH 370, CYA 40. Winter was a pleasant surprise.

44 degrees. Quite frozen last year this time. I too have pumped water out. About 12” since 11/1. I do get some water that runs from the deck into the pool. But thankfully it’s not an issue. It’s just a smallish section of the deck that is not sloped away over the whole width. No debris enters. FC still 6. Started 11/1 at 13.5. pH is over 8.2 but with the low temp it counteracts high pH for CSI and potential scaling isn’t an issue.

Did empty the skimmers because water had risen so much it was up on the tile and into the skimmers. Poured some antifreeze into the skimmers after emptying them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
79°F. I forgot to open the valve to the solar panels these last few days so I missed out on some good heat! Had the pool at 85°F on Christmas with my new heat pump. No solar cover right now (just ordered one) so I'm losing a lot of heat at night as its been dipping into the 60's.

44 degrees. Quite frozen last year this time. I too have pumped water out. About 12” since 11/1. I do get some water that runs from the deck into the pool. But thankfully it’s not an issue. It’s just a smallish section of the deck that is not sloped away over the whole width. No debris enters. FC still 6. Started 11/1 at 13.5. pH is over 8.2 but with the low temp it counteracts high pH for CSI and potential scaling isn’t an issue.

Did empty the skimmers because water had risen so much it was up on the tile and into the skimmers. Poured some antifreeze into the skimmers after emptying them.

thats what my fc was yesterday too. I have pumped out water at least 5 times already. This is nuts all the rain. I ended up adding some chlorine with my pump for a few hours yesterday since it wasnt frozen and already opened up. Figured why not. I figure my ph is high also so I didn’t bother cause you know how I get. Lol. I have been good about emptying out my skimmers. I bought a really really small shop vac that I can just carry and really quick suck out the water after it rains before it freezes. I dont mind. Takes like 2 mins after I get home from work usually.

Jimi

I bought a really really small shop vac that I can just carry and really quick suck out the water after it rains before it freezes. I dont mind. Takes like 2 mins after I get home from work usually. Jimi

Good idea! I have one too but didn’t think of it.

Started out this morning at 43 but now up to 50, Wont be able to use the robot much longer as minimum temp is 43...

Reaching the coldest temps I’ve experience here in the low desert. Evening temps are touching 36*, pool water is staying @ 51*. Anyone for a swim?

Good Morning,

It has been a while that I have posted anything here. I woke up this morning to the shallow end of the pool being frozen, and half of the top layer of the spa. The variable pump anti freeze was running all night, I am glad I invested in this. My question is do I need to added anything to the water to prevent it from freezing? I don't have a pool cover, and I was not sure if this would help it from not freezing? I have not bought a cover because I was not sure if I really need it , and where will I will store it. :D

Thank you for any advise. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.