What's your current pool temp?

marthas_ear said:
BRRrrrrrr.................

BRRrrrrrrrrr............... here too. We've had very unseasonably cool temps and 10" of rain for a couple of weeks here. It's starting to warm up but a few days ago my pool temp was 72. Yesterday it was up to 76 with a couple of not-too-hot sunny days. This mornings air temp was 63 :!: :!: :!: That's cold here for Sept. The puppies aren't getting in the pool as much either.
gg=alice

We had been keeping the heat pump on up untill last week our pool was in the mid 80's, sadly the weather has gone in the dumper and the pool is now in the low 70's, if we get some sun this weekend the wife and I will do one last polar bear skinny :lol: :hammer: I will keep the cover off now ( still like to see the sparkling water ) and the SWG will run at 10% till mid Nov then on goes the safety cover, bummer! the pool should be real nice and cool by then but it won't go green!

61 Degrees.. Jumped in yesterday and cleaned up some stuff which included removing the ladder.. Today jumped in again because the darn cover was giving me trouble.. I put the winter cover on but am not shutting it down yet.. Will continue with the bleach for another few weeks..

Sparkmaster said:
61 Degrees.. Jumped in yesterday and cleaned up some stuff which included removing the ladder.. Today jumped in again because the darn cover was giving me trouble.. I put the winter cover on but am not shutting it down yet.. Will continue with the bleach for another few weeks..
.....61*.....Jumped in yesterday? :shock:...then jumped in again today? :shock: ............... Wet suit?

My pool is empty and down. If I had to guess a temp it would be... I'd say... WAYYY Too cold to use! :lol:

The hottub is about 90* right now but slowly dropping because I haven't had a sunny day to heat it since Sunday and even then it was only partly sunny. I have yet to turn on the electric heat, other then once of two hours to make sure it worked.

Adam

Butterfly said:
Sparkmaster said:
.....61*.....Jumped in yesterday? :shock:...then jumped in again today? :shock: ............... Wet suit?

No, lol... It was a Shocker when I jumped but it didnt take long to get use to it.. My wife did yell out "Poor Jr".. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Our pool is in Cancun, MX.. Just got our pool cover and installed it today. We had a near miss by Hurricane Ida, which gave us 3 days of downpours and I pumped out about 12" of rainwater out of this pool. So it's temp is a little down. The good news is that the pool cover which is the bubble type that floats on top of the water did well. It was hot and sunny all day and I just know went out and took a infrared reading which is 85.3ºF. The current air temp at 4:34PM is 86.0ºF.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
67 at night warming to 74+ during the day. (a degree or two diff based on cloud cover and wind)

Solar tap opens around 9AM and Epump spins up to 3100rpm (about 1090watts) from 2400 (450 watts)

I can kick it to 80 on a warm weekend day with the gas heater in a few hours......

Davegvg said:
67 at night warming to 74+ during the day. (a degree or two diff based on cloud cover and wind)

Solar tap opens around 9AM and Epump spins up to 3100rpm (about 1090watts) from 2400 (450 watts)

I can kick it to 80 on a warm weekend day wit the gas heater in a few hours......
Lucky you... not sure where you're located, but keep a solar cover on and the pool water should warm up to swimming temp in a few days even without the heater.

polyvue said:
My pool's water temperature is as cold as I am old....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I certainly would love to be as young as my pool temp, F, was last month during the BIG FREEZE. I would even take the age of my water temp now. We had snow again today but it melted in a couple of hours.

I still haven't gotten my filter and pump in. Guess this cold front was good as three days ago I moved the old filter off pad. It rolled over as I was moving it, while bending down, struggling with it (under the deck with 48" vertical clearance). It still had pipes attached and bonked me on my granny ribs. Deep bruise and pain. :cry: At least I've been able to plead, "But I can't do that now." I've gotten in a few days of rest and bunches of Olympics watching. :whoot: Go USA and Canada . :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.