What's your current pool temp?

I put Jeeves the robot in the pool this morning. He has one job: Get the pool ready for the weekend. Temps are suppose to be near 80 and the heater is going on tomorrow morning. I'll be swimming by sundown. Woot! Woot!

20170316_081941.jpg

Last edited:
I put the cover on and turned on the solar on March 5th when the pool was 63. Last night I checked the temp and it is sitting at 88 which is the temp that we set the solar at. Now it is time to bump up the CYA and borate level with all the rains we had.

Spent yesterday cleaning the filter, today vacuuming the pool, turned heater on at 6p and enjoyed the spa, heater is now on in the pool at 66 bringing it up to a toasty 88 for swimming the rest of the weekend! WOOT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great swimming weekend! Heated it to 88 Friday night and swam with ambient temps in the lower 80's Saturday and Sunday!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My temp is at 63 today, it was 60 yesterday and two of my grandkids jumped in, I could not believe it! They do not last very long, but they wanted to go swimming and they did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started the day at 64, turned on the heater at 5:30 this morning. We had 80 degrees at noonish and lots of happy people swimmimg. I worked all day and jumped in after I got home.

I was in such a hurry to get home to swim that I got pulled over on the turnpike. Said he clocked me at 80 in a 65 mph zone. I was actually passing a car in the slow lane. Just got a warning. State trooper was very nice and even answered my questions about concealed carry. I think being in my scrubs helped ;)

Water was a GLORIOUS 87 when I got home. Swam some laps and enjoyed the peace all alone for about 30-40 when the air temp started dropping and the wind picked up.

Looking forward to the next 2 days! I'm off and the pool will be in full use! Love these 80 degree days in March!!

You're lucky, I travel that same turnpike and my luck is not as good as yours, maybe I need a nurse outfit? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still staring at a skating rink here ........... I'm hoping we are done with any significant snowfalls, I'd like to get the garage cleaned out but all the pool & patio stuff is in the way LOL.

What water temp to you require to swim?

That's a loaded question. I'm good When it gets in the mid-70s, but most people here think that's cold..... my grandkids got in at 60° although they didn't last very long. I told him they were nuts! Once the water temperature hits 70 and it's warm outside ..... they're golden

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.