What's your current pool temp?

Go Dak!

Wood stoves and hot tubs are where it's at! It was 75 in the house yesterday, 72 right now and rising. Stove is cruising at 450 on a fresh load. Heater hasn't been on in days.

Stove 1
20161007_183559.jpg

Stove 2
20160121_154524.jpg

Stove food
20160129_144312.jpg

Man that sure is a lot of wood. I wouldn't think that you would need the much wood in texas... oh wait I forgot that 65 is cold in Texas. In March for me here in Ohio 55 degrees is the shirt weather, but in September it's cold. I guess it's what you body gets used to. One thing I don't like for sure is 95 and humid. I will take 35 over 95 and humid.
Nice set up your have there looks quite cozy.

LOL! Yes, all in what you're used to. I can work outside all day when it is 100. If I can't wear shorts and flip flops then it is too cold! That isn't even half the wood! :shock:

My winter forum is hearth.com

More wood!
20160129_144244.jpg

Pool water hit 74.8 degrees today. That is the warmest it's been in over 3 weeks. Outside temp got to 84 today and it's muggy. I was in the pool yesterday cleaning the tiles and vacuuming leaves. Crazy weather here in the Tampa area. We might just be swimming on Christmas day! I'm glad to see the Chlorine demand is way down with the sun at such an angle this time of the year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool water hit 74.8 degrees today. That is the warmest it's been in over 3 weeks. Outside temp got to 84 today and it's muggy. I was in the pool yesterday cleaning the tiles and vacuuming leaves. Crazy weather here in the Tampa area. We might just be swimming on Christmas day! I'm glad to see the Chlorine demand is way down with the sun at such an angle this time of the year.
75.5 here in South Florida. Too cold for me... I like 80+.

We had some sub freezing mornings the past week here in Northern California, along with lots of rain the past few weeks. The pool is now sitting at a 51° - if we get some decent warm California afternoon weather around New Years day I might attempt a Polar Plunge. :cool:

The layer of ice is too thick to try and read the thermometer. I suppose I could try and cut a hole in the ice ??

Attachments

• polar bear2.jpg
    polar bear2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 157
Brought in the new year in the Dallas area with a NYE and New Years Day swim! Original water temp was 54 degrees...after heater....a nice and toasty 86 degrees....Welcome 2017!

4918497c7953688176b38d32915c8c9a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stuck my feet in today up to my knees, 55 is too cold! Just had to try since it's 80 outside. Will be turning on the heat pump next month!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.