What's your current pool temp?

Pool was 80 yesterday. Put the cover on yesterday afternoon. After 56 last night pool was 77 this morning. We'll see how much solar can raise the temp today. Hi temp is supposed to be 80. And sunny. :sunny:

HP 86, pool 86, outside 80. Feels really cold when I get out. Probably start putting solar cover on tonight, but it's such a pain I'd rather pay for the HP to run.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just went in the pool after doing some yard work, outside temp 72, pool temp 76. It felt great! I guess because I was hot and dusty and the air temp was cooler than the water. During the summer, a pool temp of 80 has my teeth chattering.

Started the early morning at 76F but with a little daytime sun and a bump with the nat-gas heater, we swam at 86F in the pool and 92F in the attached spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was 80 here today, pool temp was 70, one for a dip. Once I got used to it felt great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hovering right at 60 now... was going to close this last weekend but got lazy... Amazing how fast it has cooled off in the last weeks without a solar cover and the cool (50 degrees or less) night temperatures. I might have to take one last dip just to say I did it.

down here in the St Louis area the cool nights have been too much to fight for my solar cover. I'm down to the mid 70's now, and about ready to throw in the towel despite seeing 85 as the high for Thursday. I may jump in one last time then, but my season is pretty much done.

My heat pump is running 8 hrs now because water at bottom drain is around 83 (HP set at 86). Top 2-3 ft. hits 86 by noon. Going to be a warm week here in Austin so probably won't start using solar cover until next week. Hope to be swimming until end of month.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I thought last week was the end as the water level was low and I didn't want to mess with trucking in fresh water (very high iron in our fill water) just to maintain it for a few more weeks. Tossed on the leaf net and was waiting for the water temp to drop along with all the leaves before closing. Well a very heavy rainfall and some 75°-80° days changed that plan. Pool water was about 67° yesterday when I kicked on the heat pump and about 76° today when the little ones got in. I've got the solar cover on at night and plan to continue to run the heat pump for a few more days to give the girls one last weekend before we get ready to close.

30121845645_39d2194f15_c.jpg

It was about 86 when I checked this afternoon. Probably will get a little cooler due to rain from Matthew, although it seems like it has been raining for days already. I like it close to 90, so I am not sure I will get much use before November. :-(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.