What's your current pool temp?

Wow! Electric cooperatives should be illegal.... ours is at 11.5¢, and they keep claiming to be the best price in town. No heat pump here until pool is at least 70 and outside is 90.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mine is a fraction under 11 cents, is the only option I have, and is the best rate around. WTH! I thought electric rates were supposed to be cheap here! All the plants were attracted here by the cheap electricity and river availability. I guess more of that was river availability. I live 15 miles from the dam that provides most of the area's electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is definitely brag-worthy! Got up to 68 early last week with solar but lost it to rain. Sun is supposed to be back this afternoon and the next few days. Go solar!

Gotta brag a bit. My current pool temp, with the help of a cover and the solar heaters, is 81 degrees. Took the first swim about a week ago. It's going to be a long swim season. Ha...........

And mine is 85. It's been in the 80's every day for a week now. It even topped 86 yesterday.
Swim season starting in March, gotta love it!

Mine hit 86 yesterday but that was moments before the solar and pump shut off. Today, it's 86 and the pump will run for two more hours. It's going to be a fabulous summer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's not going to be bad -- I am paying 4.8c / kWh right now. :) :) :) Will probably be going up to about 7c for the summer but the heater will be used much less as it gets warmer.

Up to 77 deg today.

My min electric cost is .15 per kwh, the top tier is .34 per, which I would always get into every month. Not anymore, put in a pv electric system last fall and as of today have only used 60 kwh since 10-31-14. Not cheap to install but will pay off in 6.5 years at the current electric pricing.

After a week or more of warm weather the main pool got to around 80(felt cooler to me) so the kids jumped in Friday and Saturday. I was at work while the wife is texting me pictures of everybody swimming. So after cutting the grass yesterday, i jumped in. Just in time because by this morning a cool wind was blowing and it's going to be in the low 40's by next Saturday morning. It will be at least two weeks before the main pool heats up enough to swim again.

All the ice is melted from mine. I'll be draining the cover here in the next week or so.

My pool hit 91.5 today. I'm going to turn the temp down a bit on the solar system. I would pull the cover, but I fear it would lose too much heat during night hours.

I guess the water being too warm in mid March is a problem lots of people wouldn't mind having.

woke up and it was 65, new pool that no one has been in for more than a couple minutes (cant say the same for the spa) BUT, we are having some people over with kids and i decided to heat it - two 93+ degree days here, i heated it to 78 in about 3 hours (gas heater). :) looking forward to it tonight!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.