What's your current pool temp?

Here in the UK summer appears to have been cancelled.

We had one week of hot weather back in June where we had a few days of air temps of 86 plus, but since then we've rarely seen it above 70.

As for the pool water, my little 14ft bestway is heated by a 10kw heat pump. Its been running for 7 hours per day, every day. Set point is 30 deg c (86f). By the next morning water temp is back down to 24 degC (75f). Really pleased I got the heater, as without it the pool would not have been used. As it is kids are still in it nearly every day, even with the air temps down to 19c (66f)!

Here in the UK summer appears to have been cancelled.

We had one week of hot weather back in June where we had a few days of air temps of 86 plus, but since then we've rarely seen it above 70.

As for the pool water, my little 14ft bestway is heated by a 10kw heat pump. Its been running for 7 hours per day, every day. Set point is 30 deg c (86f). By the next morning water temp is back down to 24 degC (75f). Really pleased I got the heater, as without it the pool would not have been used. As it is kids are still in it nearly every day, even with the air temps down to 19c (66f)!

It's been up and down here too..but we try to make the best of it when the sun is out.

A little rain, cooler air temps and I had to add fresh water due to evaporation...now I'm sitting at 83. Thats a little chilly for me!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yesterday 83*F the rain and cold weather has been real bummer! It has the Raypak 106a heater running LP but going to convert to natural gas, the LP is running me crazy using 100lb tank it only lasts about week before needing refill. The project is about to be finished up for summer myself and one other gentleman has done the entire build.

Pool was 82 this morning without the solar blanket on - I am working from home so just started my lunch break and preparing to hop in. Hoping it's still 82 since it's nearing about 29 degrees C outside - what is that in F?

Have to turn off the AC inside so that I don't die when I come back to my desk. ;)

My husband insisted on a heater for our pool. Thank goodness he did. It raised the price and will cost in utilities, but if we can't swim, pool's not much worth having. My girls LOVE when I crank it as high as 87. They stay in for HOURS.

BEST NEWS EVER? My 6 year old learned to swim without floats this week, because of all the time we've been spending in there.

For anyone in the more northern parts - I'd recommend getting a heater. We went with an oversized gas heater and the thing heats about 2 degrees an hour or more for our small 7000 gallon 12x24 pool. Magic! I will swim in the 70's because I'm a water baby - but only my 1 year old joins me then.

Pool was 82 this morning without the solar blanket on - I am working from home so just started my lunch break and preparing to hop in. Hoping it's still 82 since it's nearing about 29 degrees C outside - what is that in F?

Have to turn off the AC inside so that I don't die when I come back to my desk. ;)

My husband insisted on a heater for our pool. Thank goodness he did. It raised the price and will cost in utilities, but if we can't swim, pool's not much worth having. My girls LOVE when I crank it as high as 87. They stay in for HOURS.

BEST NEWS EVER? My 6 year old learned to swim without floats this week, because of all the time we've been spending in there.

For anyone in the more northern parts - I'd recommend getting a heater. We went with an oversized gas heater and the thing heats about 2 degrees an hour or more for our small 7000 gallon 12x24 pool. Magic! I will swim in the 70's because I'm a water baby - but only my 1 year old joins me then.

[emoji106]on your small pool. We love our spool aka social pool because it is easier to clean up, keep up cost less in bleach etc and heat than a larger pool. There are a lot of advantages to owning a small pool. Like I always say " the view is the same whether you have a yacht or a small boat" :cheers:

To note from March to November it will pretty much be 88-92. Screen keeps temp from getting too high via Florida sun, Solar keeps it from getting too cool overnight. In the winter (December to February) I also use a solar cover and then the temp could swing from 80-90 usually in the mid 80's

83. Could be better (weather not hot lately) could be worse (been using the autocover every day).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.