What's your current pool temp?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
86 and falling...whats up with this Texas August cooling off? Hope we get a bounce back I'm not ready to be done yet :(

In central California it's been in the 90's with 65's at night and with %80 shade on the pool my solar wont get it above 81. Good enough for my daughter but too chili for me. Have a solar cover on the way but they mis-shipped the reel to a wrong address. Luckily (for the pool) we have some 105'ers coming this week so we'll get some more swim days in before summers over!

83 this morning, solar isnt keeping up because of clouds and rain so the heat pump is on now too. Rainy weekend with low 70s and mid 80s. Next week sunny and upper 80s.

Well, it is so cold and rainy outside that I turned off the heat pump for the pool and turned up the hot tub. The hot tub has been hibernating at whatever the lowest temp is with some bleach added weekly. This will be the first August in the history of all mankind that we got in the hot tub because the pool was too cold.

Cloudy the last few days and rain this morning in the DFW, Texas area. Fired up the heater and brought it up from 83 to 90to get a good swim in before school fires back up on Monday for the kids..

It's been raining and cold at night so I'm back in the low 70's !! Just glad I had surgery and haven't been able to use the pool or I'd really be upset with all the upkeep and it's too cold to be comfortable :( Just one more reason I should break down and get a heater. Here in Wisconsin it's just way too short a season without it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.