What's your current pool temp?

75°! YAHOO.... that means open pool in this house ......[emoji474] [emoji474] [emoji474]

Well I had to cut mine into 3 pieces, to get in and out. Temp up to 74 now, but I don't know what it would have done without it on. I guess the best test comes in the morning to see what I lose. I'm already NOT a fan of messing with it........HA

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
90! We got a little too scared of the cold front and rain yesterday. We figured the cold, 30mph north wind and rain would cool the pool a lot but it was 87 last night and solar bumped it to 90 already! Dang, the pool is kinda hot. :-D

No sympathy!

I have electrical limitations. Kind of wondering if a small heat pump would be worthwhile (18' x 38' rectangle so biggish). It can be covered all the time when not swimming with our autocover. We also get full sun. If I could get 5-7 extra degrees I'd be thrilled for shoulder season. Not really to extend much per se. So outside temps would be 65+ when used.

Pool is 62 now. But weather has been very poor. May be swimming by Saturday though with low 90's for late week.

My HP50HA needs a 240v, 20a breaker, it draws max 12 amps. It would add 1 degree every 6.2ish hours. It would make heat pretty efficiently at 65+ degrees. So, plus 4 degrees per day, open the cover on low wind, sunny days to help more.

My HP50HA needs a 240v, 20a breaker, it draws max 12 amps. It would add 1 degree every 6.2ish hours. It would make heat pretty efficiently at 65+ degrees. So, plus 4 degrees per day, open the cover on low wind, sunny days to help more.

Thanks for the summary.

finally got the bubble cover out and on, fired up the new Raypak and heated the water
from 60 to 70 degrees in 4 hours! woohoo!!

Sunny and 80's temps outside this weekend. Water will be heated to 84 by then ..first swim of the season!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.