Orlando
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Does anyone know what this hole is? It’s not on any of my pool plans and PB put it there yesterday. I haven’t heard back from them On what it is. I didn’t ask for a umbrella hole if that’s what it is. C0C93C44-9F8D-4EE1-B7CF-EEA86BA59B22.jpeg

The picture is too blurry top tell. It's either a bubbler (probably not) or they installed an umbrella sleeve. A close up picture with better resolution would help.

Looks like an umbrella sleeve. Believe me, you want that, they are handy ... and if you got it for free, all the better. Some builders charge a lot for those little plastic sleeves

Looks like an umbrella sleeve. Believe me, you want that, they are handy ... and if you got it for free, all the better. Some builders charge a lot for those little plastic sleeves
Oh good to know! Thought they were a bad thing...maybe they threw that in since they are so far behind on our build 😂

Oh good to know! Thought they were a bad thing...maybe they threw that in since they are so far behind on our build 😂

Depends on how sunny the area gets. Just make sure you use aluminum umbrella poles (wood expands and gets stuck) and don't buy expensive ones ... it's a waste. A good cheap $30 seasonal umbrella will last maybe 2 years and then you throw it away and buy a new one. There are rubber conical inserts you can buy to help fit a smaller diameter pole snuggly into the sleeve so it doesn't wobble ... they sell them on amazon. There should be a screw on cover for the sleeve (the contractor probably took it out and put it somewhere) that allows you to cover the hole up when not in use.

Depends on how sunny the area gets. Just make sure you use aluminum umbrella poles (wood expands and gets stuck) and don't buy expensive ones ... it's a waste. A good cheap $30 seasonal umbrella will last maybe 2 years and then you throw it away and buy a new one. There are rubber conical inserts you can buy to help fit a smaller diameter pole snuggly into the sleeve so it doesn't wobble ... they sell them on amazon. There should be a screw on cover for the sleeve (the contractor probably took it out and put it somewhere) that allows you to cover the hole up when not in use.
Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, now you have to let us know. There's a bet going around.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

Yup and if they fade after one summer like mine did, spray paint fixes it right up

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.