Winter Garden FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Wife and I are starting to talk about designing/quoting a pool and I was wondering what everyone likes about their pool and what they would do different next time around.

Oh, my. You'll get a lot of replies. Ha. But do you know which type of pool you two are interested in? That will impact the replies since fiberglass, plaster/stone, and vinyl all have unique characteristics.

I should have listed more information approx 15x30 gunnite pool with salt system and spa. Electric heater would probably be added later

I *thought* i knew what i might do differently...... and then leebo posted the meet @bdavis466 thing.

These will tie you over during the slow season. Follow the sagas here:

My favorite:

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
First, I would rethink the pool idea and consider the same money in a vacation fund. Then when my wife said POOL...Instead of a sun shelf, I would have steps all the way across the shallow end of the pool. Steps across the end give lots of in the water seating at different levels for shorter or taller people at different depths on each. We never use the sun shelf except for my wife sitting on the side of the pool with her feet in the water. Steps would work the same for foot soaking. Next, instead of 6 feet deepest, I would go 5 feet deepest. If a little kid foundered, I want to be able to stand on the bottom to help. 6 feet is not for diving anyway; just increases water volume. Next, I would have made the spillover from the spa into the pool, narrower, so there would still be a nice flow, instead of a trickle, at low pump speeds. Last, I would not have let the pool builder provide a pressure side cleaner--HUGE waste of money. I would wait and get my own robotic cleaner, which is what I have now and which is 100 times better than a pressure side or suction side cleaner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.