Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First of all, any kind of pressure/suction side cleaner or robotic cleaner is out. I'm saving up for a Polaris 360 cleaner, but that won't be for a while. Why a Polaris 360? I've already owned one and loved it.

I have a large oak tree near my pool. It has been dropping small single acorns in my pool, along with the occasional leaf, which I know is going to get worse as the season wears on. I'm looking for either a suction or Venturi vacuum head that can handle these little acorns and the leaves. The usual run of vac heads can't pick up the acorns and the leaves clog it up. The acorns have long stems that interlock and clog up the head as well.

So any ideas for a head that will work? Some sort of leaf blaster head? Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I had/have the same issue, large oak tree that drops acorns and another tree that drops small berries, and my Polaris has been acting up. I bought a cheap mini venturi head on amazon and it works well enough. It picks up small debris really well (large leaves not so much), but its so small and unbalance that its very hard to keep flat on the bottom and I'm afraid it will scrape the liner, so I feel like I have to be very careful. I would get one of the larger ones, but with about a 5" opening into the bag I wonder if it will generate enough suction to pull those small berries/acorns in.

Yeah amazon is weird like that sometimes. If you wouldn’t mind, could you let me know how that vac handles smaller debris when you get it? I might pick one up for next season if it works well.

If I can’t get my Polaris to stop sucking that is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.