What type of Nut Grass Killer/ Fungicide for AGP?

Nathan8372

May 13, 2020
South Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello, we're preparing to excavate a 2' deep hole for our new AGP. We will be installing the columns on dug-in concrete pavers then laying down fine mason sand then a pad. Does anyone have recommended procedure/product for Nut Grass killer to be used under the sand; or is it not necessary? I was thinking of using a general purpose granular grass/weed killer. Also, should I apply a fungicide to the sand to prevent liner staining; if so, what type? Thanks for any input.

Do you have nut grass in your area? I have never seen it in my yard, so I did not use any weed killer. But if it is in your area, you should definitely treat, and perhaps consider a gorilla pad or similar. I’ve never heard anyone having issues with liner staining from a sand base, so I’ll have to let others comment on that.

Frankly, I was more concerned about the effects of any weed killer or pesticides on my liner than about the sand base.

Do you have nut grass in your area? I have never seen it in my yard, so I did not use any weed killer. But if it is in your area, you should definitely treat, and perhaps consider a gorilla pad or similar. I’ve never heard anyone having issues with liner staining from a sand base, so I’ll have to let others comment on that.

Frankly, I was more concerned about the effects of any weed killer or pesticides on my liner than about the sand base.
Good Morning! Yes, we have nut grass in South Texas, unfortunately. I don't see any where we plan to dig but that doesn't mean it isn't there. I am also concerned about moisture under the liner causing mold/bacteria; have you heard of this? I have read horror stories about it.

I believe they used something like this when doing mine
D6054492-18CA-4D6C-8898-9954651F9432.png
i also put down spectracide granules for ants, termites & other bugs as moles seek out bugs

Also when I treat my house every 3-6 months i also treat around the pool w/ bifen spray & spectracide granules as well as round up/ cornerstone
We are getting ready to treat our whole house w/ Termidor so i will be treating around the pool & deck w/ it as well. Its a once every 10 yrs thing

Reactions: Nathan8372
I believe they used something like this when doing mine
View attachment 226759
i also put down spectracide granules for ants, termites & other bugs as moles seek out bugs
Awesome, I will look into this thank you! I just want to protect my investment as much as possible to keep my mind at ease.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Glad you got some answers! I have never experienced the issues you are talking about, but I can see why you’d want to avoid that!

I’m a big nervous Nellie about my dogs, so I rarely use anything to treat backyard.

Reactions: Nathan8372
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.