What to replace a NorthStar SP4015 with?

Oldwash99

Apr 30, 2020
Brenham, Tx
Aqua Logic Contoller, V4.3. Thinking about just doing away with the aqua logic and going to a TriStar 950 with smart pool control. Or would the Aqua Logic work with the TriStar? 2" pipes, 60' from pool, with heater, spa with blower, pool cleaner with booster pump. Built in 2006. Replaced board in Aqua Logic, pump motors, and pool cleaner.

NorthStar is making noise again, so I'm ready to go VS. Suggestions?

Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure the version on the Aqualogic is 4.3? That should be a Prologic version. Since it was replaced, my guess is that they actually gave you a Prologic board.

Anyway, if true, then it should support a Tristar VS.

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I just looked again, and it shows 4.3. The only thing is it doesnt have any speed settings available. My plan right now is to use the AquaLogic and just set Pump 1 for 24hrs. That way the pump will stay hot and I can program the TriStar. Think I'm going to try and find a local installer to buy from so I'll get a better warranty timeframe on it.

You have to change the pump type from single speed to variable speed in the configuration menu and then it will give you the speed settings.

You power the variable speed pump from the breaker or the line side of the relay so that the pump is always powered and the automation tells the pump to turn on or off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.