MNJ

Jun 4, 2021
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool needs one and a half bags of powder shock. I read on another site you shouldn’t keep the leftover shock. Is this true? Right now it’s in the box it came in with a clip on it stored in a plastic storage box.

My pool needs one and a half bags of powder shock. I read on another site you shouldn’t keep the leftover shock. Is this true? Right now it’s in the box it came in with a clip on it stored in a plastic storage box.

Why do you think your pool needs "shock"? "Shocking" a pool is not part of the TFP regiment of care.

The water in the pool is cloudy after the pump being off for 24 hrs earlier in the week because it was being worked on.

The water in the pool is cloudy after the pump being off for 24 hrs earlier in the week because it was being worked on.

The pump/filter has nothing to do with cloudiness unless you need it to chlorinate (SWCG/puck feeder). But 24 hours is not enough time to have an issue unless you are not maintaining a proper chlorine level. How are you testing your water? If you have a nascent algae bloom you'll need to "SLAM Process".

Aso check out Pool Care Basics.

Chlorine level is FC/CYA Levels. It should be part of your regular testing.

Post testing results please!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.