What to do while pump is broke?

Jun 30, 2016
Spring, Texas
Hi all, I live north of Houston, so as you might have heard, we've had some rain. I did not flood but when we get a lot of rain I get a lot of rain water in my pool. So, currently I have a greenish pool and Thursday night my pool pump made a humming noise and quit after 5 seconds. I changed the capacitors so looks like its time for a new pump/motor. They cant get here until Tuesday (3 days from now) so I'm wondering what advice you have for what I can do to the pool from keeping it getting too horribly green. Do I simply keep adding Chlorine until they come out?

Yes keep adding chlorine BUT you have to find a way to mix it in. I would get a submersible pump from Harbor freight or such. It will move the water around. I would also brush the pool real good after you add the chlorine.

If you have the "man" power aka kids, you could give them brooms and have the walk around the outside of the pool with the brooms to make a whirlpool to help mix it up as well.

IF you can see the bottom they could also swim and cannon ball to help mix it in.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.