What to do in the meantime?

Bleach date is 15/032.

TA= 90
pH=6.9 (it lowered)
C=0
FC=0 (out of bleach until later)
CYA= 0 (although I filled it to the top of the tube, and the black dot was considering going away, but I could still see it light grey)
CH=250

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't measure CC because the water didn't even turn pink for FC.

salt is around 2130

Pool is looking better, we ran the brush around and got up some algae patches

Honestly I am posting updates so often because we REALLY want to use our pool soon haha! So ill take any help I can get!

It would be nice to use what you are working so hard on!

Get as much chlorine as you can. There is something other than just algae going on. I will let a more experienced person tell you what they think.

You are doing a great job. We NEED you to post your results so we can get a good feel for what is happening.

Kim

Bleach date is 15/032.

TA= 90
pH=6.9 (it lowered)
C=0
FC=0 (out of bleach until later)
CYA= 0 (although I filled it to the top of the tube, and the black dot was considering going away, but I could still see it light grey)
CH=250

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't measure CC because the water didn't even turn pink for FC.

salt is around 2130

Pool is looking better, we ran the brush around and got up some algae patches

Honestly I am posting updates so often because we REALLY want to use our pool soon haha! So ill take any help I can get!

Emphasizing patience once more. This will not go quickly I'm afraid. I hate saying it, but it got bad, and it's going to be a little tough here on the front end for sure.

You need to add as often as you can until you get to the SLAM level and you're able to maintain that residual for at least a short period of time. Until this begins to happen you aren't making much progress. It's going to mean more bleach, and a lot of it. The date you listed looks ok, but not the freshest. Do you have a lot more on hand?

Double checking on the test. You are running the 10ml sample on the FC test correct? It turns pink, but barely so, one hour after addition on your last dose to the pool, correct? It does not turn pink, then fade to clear without adding the 0871 drops does it? Answer these, but also, very important, run the CC portion of the test on your next FC check, and tell us how that turns out. Even if it barely turns pink and then takes a drop to go clear with 0871, proceed, and add the 5 drops of 0003. Tell us what happens when you do that...

This is very important to know the answer too.

Emphasizing patience once more. This will not go quickly I'm afraid. I hate saying it, but it got bad, and it's going to be a little tough here on the front end for sure.

You need to add as often as you can until you get to the SLAM level and you're able to maintain that residual for at least a short period of time. Until this begins to happen you aren't making much progress. It's going to mean more bleach, and a lot of it. The date you listed looks ok, but not the freshest. Do you have a lot more on hand?

Double checking on the test. You are running the 10ml sample on the FC test correct? It turns pink, but barely so, one hour after addition on your last dose to the pool, correct? It does not turn pink, then fade to clear without adding the 0871 drops does it? Answer these, but also, very important, run the CC portion of the test on your next FC check, and tell us how that turns out. Even if it barely turns pink and then takes a drop to go clear with 0871, proceed, and add the 5 drops of 0003. Tell us what happens when you do that...

This is very important to know the answer too.

We just dumped in more bleach. So I will test at 715. NORMALLY it does not fade to clear without the drops. The last time I ran the test was the only time the water did not turn pink with the powder.

Yes,
Backwash when your pressure rises 20-25% over clean pressure. This is good, it means you are killing Algae and getting things like that out which consume your Chlorine.

EDIT:

Sorry, did not see the other posts.

So 9 FC and 2 CC, that's great! Add enough more to get to 16 FC and hold 16, whatever that takes. Do that, and keep doing that from here. Post back and ask questions if you need too.

Well FC was 12 after about 1.5-2 hrs. We back washed again. However we just turned off the pump for the night. I know the slam guide says to keep it running but we were concerned it was overheating. It got loud and was very hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double check your pump basket and make sure it isn't clogged. Maybe it's something simple.

The FC result is an improvement though, so that is great news. If the pump gives up, you'll be stuck for the interim. Hopefully that will work out in your favor, but let us know how it goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
e24aa0b784c5d1cf5a4a5be78d44bd47.jpg
e30ecce1fa8bab081ac408f90e4fbd89.jpg
ef85ccb86da51ceffed8e04d896d97af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it at that level Mary and you'll get out of the woods on this. Don't let it slip, do whatever it takes to keep it there. As it goes, that will take longer between additions, but it's critical right now not to let it fall. It's looking up, but don't let that fool you. Keep that FC high.

Okay great, FC dropped to 15, CC is 1. So we added a bit. Pump still seems louder than usual but pressure is good, and everything looks good.. so we are just leaving it on. I am hoping for the best.

Check your leaf basket on your pump and clean it if you haven't lately. That can cause your pump to get louder.

Mary I have no idea what your budget is like so....................is there any way you can buy a new pump?

I am worried with you saying it got hot and sounded different.

You have come so far with your clean up! Keep going!

Kim

Okay great, FC dropped to 15, CC is 1. So we added a bit. Pump still seems louder than usual but pressure is good, and everything looks good.. so we are just leaving it on. I am hoping for the best.

Excellent work! This is how you get it done. :goodjob:

What is the psi on the gauge?

Good question. Mary, please let us know about that too.

pump basket is completely clean. PSI on the filter reads 5-6 but has risen to 10 a couple times and we backwash it. Then it is 5-6 psi again. I took a picture of the wires, which are wrapped in tape. The noise seems to be coming from the back of the pump. I also took a ten second video of the pump so you could hear the noise. Ill see if I'm able to post that

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.