What to do in the meantime?

Just FYI, If your gauge doesn't go to Zero on stop it needs replacing. A PSI of 5-6 sounds fine for clean pressure. So, 20-25% of 6, you'll need to BW at 7.5 or 8 PSI at most. As it gets better, your BW times will spread further apart. This, along with better hold times on FC will let you know you're getting somewhere.

Okay. Pump was off all night, it's just too loud. I even feel bad turning it on this morning for my neighbors!

FC was 16 and CC .5 at 830 pm

Now at 9am FC is 15 and CC is 0

The water is clearer than ever. Maybe a touch cloudy at the deep end? I can see to the bottom everywhere though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

983809707823df16bde044e5b34bd902.jpg
1cef4393fd9cf0154b57d188a7ddf72d.jpg
b04550403ef16dfbe0218873dcfa0b27.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My husband did ours. I bet any electrician could do it for you.

Price Lowes and Home Depot. Make sure you are going apples to apples.

I would check around and tell them that you can get it online for________ but you would like to buy it from them. Ask if they will meet that price + the shipping costs.

Kim

I would get a new pump asap. If it bites the dust it will set you back.

I think that I would be running the pump 24/7 until it clears.

Looks like you are making good progress. Keep at it. If you have a pool store nearby you may want to inquire as to the price of Liquid Chlorine.

Well our pump went out, and it took FOREVER to get an electrician here, so now its worse than before. Good news is we had two trees taken out that were just dumping stuff in the pool. And we have a new motor.

My pool is dark dark green, its pH is reading high at 8.2, no chlorine, CYA still not showing up on test, and I added 5lbs on 4/18.

We added 30oz of mauric acid (spelling sorry) and tested 2 hours later. It is not any lower. What should I do now? We have bleach, I was just trying to lower the pH before shock. Its full of tadpoles.

Well Ive been slamming 5 days. Using TONS of bleach, testing minimum 3-4 times per day maybe more. The water got blue quickly but still its so cloudy. My CYA still isn't showing up on a test and its been almost a month now since I added 5 lbs. Is that slowing down my slam? Its pretty expensive to slam so long

5 days is really not that long ... how long did it take for the pool to get in bad shape? ;)

If the CYA is not showing up after a week, then you need to add more. That 5 pounds should have added 33ppm of CYA.
What are your CC numbers?
Have you tried the OCLT?
How often are you having to backwash?
Have you inspected and Deep Cleaned your Sand Filter? That could help clear the cloudiness ... after that you could try Adding DE to your Sand Filter.

I apologize if it has already been asked, but what test are you using? A month is more than long enough for CYA to show up after being added. With no CYA it is slowing the process as you you are losing FC quickly. I am sure you are burning through bleach.

Using the TF100 kit. CC is .5 down from 1 originally. We have only had to backwash once for pressure, I am having to backwash now because the guys who just installed our fence left the hose on and in the pool so its super full.

Ill add more CYA, can I test it again now that I am slamming? We aren't losing much at night maybe 2 ppm. But during the day it drops FAST. We haven't deep cleaned our filter, Ill do that today. I have a SWG but its off, should I have it running also?

- - - Updated - - -

We originally has 0 CYA so I added 5 lbs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.