jokael

Jun 12, 2023
Denmark
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is what I’ve been vacuuming up yesterday and today (nylon stocking in vacuum hose)
The white stuff turns in to very fine chalky dust when dry.
Dead algae……? Or……..?
IMG_4636.jpeg

Not gritty at all? Any chance it could be sand from the filter?
A little bit gritty when you look at it, but when I rub it between the fingers, it’s almost like flour.
When we get sand in from the filter, it usually ends up just in the “deep end” (the pool is slightly off-level), it is more yellow and feels scratchy when the vacuum goes over it.
This is all over the bottom and more on the days where I brushed the sides the night before.
I was also thinking some form of calcium residue - we have medium-hard water and needs to use vinegar in faucets and appliances on a regular basis.
But I thought that was normal for tap water (it is here in Denmark).

Does it react to vinegar or dilute MA?
Haven't tried.
When I rinse out the sock in water, the water gets cloudy with small visible particles. Just like when the pool was cloudy.
It doesn't cloud the pool when I vacuum (perhaps because of the small amount), so I don't know whether I should bother.
The chalky feeling says calcium...... This is not good for pump and fittings.
Anyone tried to use some kind of de-scaler - just to protect the equipment?

Shoot us a full set of tests please. Put it in Pool Math also and see what the CSI is. Make sure to know the water temp when doing this.
Unfortunately, as you can see in my signature, I don't have access to FAS-DPD tests. Only DPD photometer
Last night the FC var 12, TC 13
CYA 30
The water was about 85 F

I googled a bit, and apparently it is a common issue when using hard tap water and chlorine.
I should keep a PH in the lower range, then it should disappear over time.
It doesn't have any impact on the clarity - the water is gin-clear - so I'll just give it time.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.