What the heck is going on!? FC levels not adding up... So confused..

Outstanding! So you did not exceed the 1 ppm between last night and this morning. That's a huge accomplishment. Sure, you can check CCs next time you test. If you have <= .5 CC, then you should be in good shape to prepare for closing and can put this season behind you. If anything looks odd or if you have a question about any of the test s you did, let us know.

Just tested.. Almost 24 full hours.. FC = 14.5.. Tested it again because I forgot to do CC and it was 16.. {confused}..

CC = 0..

[EDIT]

My original post regarding the error in the test was wrong. This is the correct information from the Extended Test Kit Directions sticky:

The precision of the measurement is plus or minus one drop when up to 10 drops of titrant are used, or plus or minus 10% of the final reading, when more than 10 drops of titrant are used.

[END-EDIT]

Droplet size varies with speed, sample size at 10mL can be tricky to repeat, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So looking back .... you started your OCLT last night at FC of 17. You said you passed this morning with "barely any loss" - we'll assume an FC of 16. This evening your FC was 14.5 or 16 (two different results). So from this morning until now you lost either 0 ppm or 1.5 ppm of FC. Is that correct? If that's true, it seems to me that you lost very little FC during today's daylight hours which is a good thing. In addition, your last CC was confirmed to be zero. Those are all very good signs. Did I miss anything from your description?

Tbird, I've got to log-off, but I know others are monitoring your thread as well and will be happy to assist. Even though you had a little variation in your evening FC testing, both of them showed acceptable daily loss compared to what you started with this morning. So I think you're very close to wrapping this up unless you or the others bring-up something else to discuss. Good work. Have a great evening.

Just tested.. Almost 24 full hours.. FC = 14.5.. Tested it again because I forgot to do CC and it was 16.. {confused}.. CC = 0..

Tbird2340:

You have to take time when performing the test. Apply very little pressure, just enough where the drop falls off the tip because of gravity. I believe you have passed the test. You should only be loosing no more than 2 ppm daily if there is no activity, given this type of weather. Here is what I would recommend. Others may have something else. Add enough bleach to bring up to SLAM levels. Do not add any more bleach and test each evening at the same time (24 hours later). Again, do not add any more bleach. Go a few more days and see how much you have lost. It appears that there is some testing error. A few days from now, you can calculate your daily loss. With CC of "0", I believe you are in good shape.

So looking back .... you started your OCLT last night at FC of 17. You said you passed this morning with "barely any loss" - we'll assume an FC of 16. This evening your FC was 14.5 or 16 (two different results). So from this morning until now you lost either 0 ppm or 1.5 ppm of FC. Is that correct? If that's true, it seems to me that you lost very little FC during today's daylight hours which is a good thing. In addition, your last CC was confirmed to be zero. Those are all very good signs. Did I miss anything from your description?

That's correct. Thanks for all the help.

I'm going to bring it up to slam, vacuum one last time, and then drain her down and close it..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's correct. Thanks for all the help.

I'm going to bring it up to slam, vacuum one last time, and then drain her down and close it..

Smart move. Open up a month early while the weather is still somewhat cool in the event there are minor problems. They can be cleared up pretty quickly. Also, take a look at this thread. # 114 as this may make more sense.

Numbers ok but water has a hint of cloudiness - Page 6

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.