What model Pentair pump is now equivalent to IntelliFlow VF from 2010 ?

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
Looking ahead to next pool pump purchase (3 to 5 years ahead) and would like to buy online the equivalent Pentair pump.

As you may know, the VF model does not have any locked set of speeds (not limited to just 4 or 8) but it is fully programmable using the Features section of the menu in addition to the Filter section menu and can be run in any combination of power (watts) or GPM (flow) and much more fine tuning to RPM level.

What is the precise equivalent model today as online I see VSF but don't see ability to override power or flow speeds or is there a VSF that is precisely same as the old VF ?

As an example, one of our pumps starts a varying schedule twice a day using the Filter Start/Stop time and Features runs one minute after the Filter Start and one minute Before the Filter Stop. This allows us to control via power analyzing relay to not energize the IntelliChlor transformer and IC40 cell.

Amazon still has this for sale, is this the same "old model" that Pentair has discontinued ?

S,

Looks to me like the 011012 is the older VF model.. Maybe not the original model, but certainly not new.

None of what you say makes a lot of sense to me, but I really doubt the current sense relay has any input to the pump itself. In theory, it just measures the current in the AC input to the pump and the relay closes when the pump is running.. Since the relay is connected to the SWCG's power transformer, this prevents the SWCG from getting power when the pump is not running.

As far as I know all the IntelliFlo pumps have continuously variable speeds that the owner can set where they want.. In the big picture, you are not limited to just 8 (or 4 in the older units) speeds, but there are only 4 or 8 memory spots to store speeds that you want to link to internal schedules. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the VS and VF pumps do not come with 4 or 8 fixed speeds that cannot be changed.

I would think the best replacement for the VF would be today's VSF model. Like this.. Pentair IntelliFlo VSF Variable Speed Pool Pump, 011056

That said, I have made about 100 mistakes just this morning, so maybe your pump has some magical powers that I don't fully understand... :mrgreen:

I assume that you are running your pump as a standalone unit and it is not connected to any Pentair automation system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jimrahbe said:
Looks to me like the 011012 is the older VF model.. Maybe not the original model, but certainly not new.
None of what you say makes a lot of sense to me, but I really doubt the current sense relay has any input to the pump itself. ...
I would think the best replacement for the VF would be today's VSF model. Like this.. Pentair IntelliFlo VSF Variable Speed Pool Pump, 011056

Jim

There was nothing in the message after the "like this..." (assuming you posted a link) but if not, you confirmed that is indeed the old VF pump that we apparently run today on a few pools. Thank you.

Macromatic relay analyzes the power used by the IntelliFlow VF. This relay monitors each on-off cycle of the pump and when it detects power is over a certain range limit (current monitoring low and high limits on the relay) it turns power on the IntelliChlor transformer which energizes the IC40 cell. Conversely, when Features override lowers the pump speed, the relay senses the dropped watts and stops power to the IntelliChlor. This automates fully any desired cycle of on or off for the IC40 cell. That is a $90 solution to not needing anything from Pentair to control the IntelliChlor. Documented years ago at this link.

Nope. no link in that message either. I do need a controller with pump that allows me on schedule to lower RPM, Watts, GPM to a certain level and it can not be a fixed (select this one from these 8 choices) type

IntelliFlow VF literally allows thousands of speed settings when Filter & Features is programmed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.