What is this poorly covered vent on the side of my pool?

My guess it is an overflow line. If the pool water gets up to the vent level the water gets drained out.

That is really odd. I wonder why they covered that up? It must not be totally unusable or they would've closed it completely. Hummmm. I wonder if the plastic vent is damaged behind that tape? That would explain it. Those deck vents just look like deck drains to me (i.e. French drain underneath). Maybe you can remove the covers and follow their path to some point. The pool vent (assuming overflow) might connect as well so that all excess water goes somewhere ideal.

J,

I agree, it is an overflow drain. It prevents your water from getting too high and over flowing the coping.

It may be covered because it was installed a little low and the previous owner wanted to keep his water a little higher.

I did a similar thing as I wanted my water about an inch higher.. Although I used a piece of plastic inside the cover and and not duct tape.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.