Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2020
Gold Canyon AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I can’t get this filter to hold a prime so my pump won’t start. I know it needs a new O-ring but I don’t know the manufacturer or model # as it’s been painted over by a previous owner. All other equipment is Pentair. It is an inch or so larger than the Pentair pump O-ring. It would help my search if knew what to call the thing. Thanks

Attachments

• 32D70490-ACA0-44BD-BE38-367CF1B15490.jpeg
    32D70490-ACA0-44BD-BE38-367CF1B15490.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 24
I can’t get this filter to hold a prime so my pump won’t start. I know it needs a new O-ring but I don’t know the manufacturer or model # as it’s been painted over by a previous owner. All other equipment is Pentair. It is an inch or so larger than the Pentair pump O-ring. It would help my search if knew what to call the thing. Thanks
It appears to be this part you need:

Yup - looks like an A&A Leafvac. You can take the lid and o-ring to most any local pool store and get a new o-ring.
Is there any writing on the black lid ring?

Be sure to thoroughly clean the canister mating surface as well as the lid mating surface. Use pool lube on the o-ring. And don't overtighten the lid as it could break the locking tabs on the canister.

Yup - looks like an A&A Leafvac. You can take the lid and o-ring to most any local pool store and get a new o-ring.
Is there any writing on the black lid ring?

Be sure to thoroughly clean the canister mating surface as well as the lid mating surface. Use pool lube on the o-ring. And don't overtighten the lid as it could break the locking tabs on the canister.
So sorry for the late reply. Yes, 1poolman1 had the correct answer for me. Thanks for the confirmation.

Reactions: proavia and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.