Jdhaenen

Feb 20, 2020
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have this small cap on my pool deck a couple feet from the edge. I can remove it and it looks like there is water inside about the same depth as my pool. Any idea what this is?

Attachments

• 13A820B4-6D25-4FC3-BFBD-9DB756B8AC45.jpeg
    13A820B4-6D25-4FC3-BFBD-9DB756B8AC45.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 27
We have something very similar that when opened allows for air to come into the return jets. I have been using it to allow the pH to rise a bit. Only need to open a little to allow air to be drawn in.

We have something very similar that when opened allows for air to come into the return jets. I have been using it to allow the pH to rise a bit. Only need to open a little to allow air to be drawn in.
Yea I was thinking that but it doesn’t look like any air is added that I can notice at least. Maybe it’s plugged inside.

Hmmm...
When mine is screwed all the way down the air stops. I can unscrew it just a bit for a little air or a lot for a lot of air. I actually took it all the way out this season in the search for hidden algae. Thankfully I didn’t find any!! But like you I did find water. Just cleaned down inside with a bottle cleaner.

Reading others posts...got me to thinking...maybe try to flush it out with water from a hose pipe. Thinking if there is any debris in there it might get flushed out by the pressure. Best of luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.