Had pool replastered back in April and saw this over the weekend

Attachments

• 7F00F9CD-150B-4EB1-9277-B837B5AD6BEB.jpeg
    7F00F9CD-150B-4EB1-9277-B837B5AD6BEB.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 70
  • BCF97FDA-8CA7-4960-AA93-8B8A619D99EA.jpeg
    BCF97FDA-8CA7-4960-AA93-8B8A619D99EA.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 70

It looks like a connection fitting for a Pressure Side cleaner.. Do you have a booster pump at your equipment pad?

Edit... I am an idiot.. What was I thinking??? :confused:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Yeah Im talking about the surface stains and if this is something I can fix...I have been out of town and took my water in for testing....showed a ph at 9.0 which is crazy as a week earlier it was a 7.8.....i added some acid and got it back down to a 7.2 in my last test...but concerned with that "circle" and dark spots on my plaster...is this what some call grey mottle?

Yeah Im talking about the surface stains and if this is something I can fix...I have been out of town and took my water in for testing....showed a ph at 9.0 which is crazy as a week earlier it was a 7.8.....i added some acid and got it back down to a 7.2 in my last test...but concerned with that "circle" and dark spots on my plaster...is this what some call grey mottle?

What test kit are you using? And be very careful trusting the results that you get from a pool store.

I at least got a good laugh out of your response. I thought you were just being sarcastic...then I saw your edit. :laughblue:

OOh!!! I like your idea better... Makes me not as much of an idiot... :)

To give myself a little slack, we do get people that don't actually know what that plumbing is for...

Sorry, I'm not much of a stain guy...

Jim R.

Reactions: Glofton
Ive just been using leslies.....i have a trouble free kit i bought years ago but im sure its bad.....do they still sell that?

The stains are related to the water coming out of the fitting. The black dot pointing to the right is a pressure relief. You can feel the water coming out when the Polaris is on. The water jet lines up with the spot on the wall to the right of the fitting.

The stains are related to the water coming out of the fitting. The black dot pointing to the right is a pressure relief. You can feel the water coming out when the Polaris is on. The water jet lines up with the spot on the wall to the right of the fitting.

I thought that as well ...also have that spot on the bottom of my pool if you can tell in the pic...i took a sample in yesterday to get water tested again...I shocked my pool about a week ago after we had gotten a big rain....so my chlorine is still high and my calcium hardness was a little high but that was it...

results were

FAC 10
TAC 10
CH 410
PH 7.6
ALK 80
CYA 70
TDS 600
MT 0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does this site not sell a "troublefreepool" kit anymore? someone used to make them and send them out in like a fishing tackle box type setup

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.