What in duct tape and glue-nation do I do with this filter?

So you have a toy killer as well? I have given up buying toys as the longest they last is 10 mins :roll: Nylabones last the longest around here. I will have to see how he likes the litter box toy idea!

Best toys so far, I am new at owning a destroyer, cat litter bucket, 3’ knitted rope from Petsmart (still going after 8 months), giant tennis ball from Dollartree (lasts about a month, Petsmart version 5 times the cost and only a week), blankets from the thrift store ( about 2 months now), 50 cent stiff annimala from the thrift store (just a couple of days until he hits them,but hey, only 50’cents each. I get the ones without buttons or things he can choke on). By far his favorite toy is the rectangle cat bucket. I don’t think a round one would be as much fun. I will give him one to see. He likes to stand on it or growl inside of it. He plays with it alone, or gets me play with him.
ton

- - - Updated - - -

What a cute pup! Did I miss pictures of the pool? I saw your equipment pics. Love to see the dog house too! [emoji16]

Pool pics ate in this thread
https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/153692-New-pool-owner-fresh-fill-green-water-winterizing-s

Wanted to chime in about the PVC and fittings for your pool. If your planning to do a lot of PVC work, check out pvcfittingsonline.com. I used them both times I did plumbing work on my pool and from what I figure, the local store would have cost me 2-3x as much, even with paying for online shipping. Also, their CS is really good. They changed the part number of a union I needed to reorder, and when I called them about it, they sent me 2 of the unions I had ordered previously at no cost and let me keep the incorrect ones.

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I was at Lowes today trying to look for a fitting that will connect to that flex hose when I cut it. I didn’t see anything that would work right off the bat. I want to remove it all except for a short piece that emerges from the concrete. I will save what I cut off from the pump to the filter and use that for tests to see what works best. I was just thinking today that I wished I had a better fitting source. Your post was right on time.

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I was at Lowes today trying to look for a fitting that will connect to that flex hose when I cut it. I didn’t see anything that would work right off the bat. I want to remove it all except for a short piece that emerges from the concrete. I will save what I cut off from the pump to the filter and use that for tests to see what works best. I was just thinking today that I wished I had a better fitting source. Your post was right on time.

Np man. I bought $50 in parts for redoing my plumbing, and when I checked Ace Hardware in town, I would have spent well over $100 there. Plus, they only had some crappy looking unions that didn't look like they would last long. Don't forget to get a couple extra of the commonly used fittings, like 90s and couplings and and threaded adapters. You'll either end up changing your plan somewhere along the way, or forget to put the big threaded nut thing of a union on before you glue down the next piece (I totally didn't do this, lol).

When I start up the filter, what do I need to do? It has been drained for winter, I wil our tjr cap back on the tank at the bottoms, the two plugs in the pump and basket, I will raise the pool water level. How high should that be on the skimmer/return? I can’t obliviously open the top to make sure the filter is full of water for fear of it falling apart. What setting should I do fort and for how long? After that, I think I should back wash and rinse a few times since I can’t do a deep cleaning.

The water should be half way up the skimmer face.

You can and should open the lid of the PUMP and add water in there by hose. It may take a couple few times to get everything primed good.

I would set the filter to filter. Make sure to be ready to turn everything off if *things* happen....VERY loud noises, things jumping, etc.

Do you have valves on your equipment? make sure they are turned to open as well. (I forgot and am too lazy to go back and look.)

Kim:kim:

Unless you plan on ripping out a lot of concrete decking, you're stuck with what little flexpipe you have sticking out into the well. I'm with the previous poster and suggest you just replace that multi port valve on your filter. You should be able to connect it all up with 1.5 " PVC pipe to the 1.5" flexpipe (the way the previous owner did) and use unions on your filter and pump connections. Fire it up first, though to make sure everything is working. I wouldn't worry about the chlorine levels being high while you still have green water, just get the filter running.

Just a quick update. When I turned on the old multi port, it was deteriorated enough that it would not vacuum and always pumpled water out no matter the setting. I replaced it, which was a simple enough job. Also, somewhere along in here, when I turned it on, the hoses had holes and gave me a forceful shower. :) I have replaced all the hoses I can. Now, I have determined I have a leak in the hoses under the concrete as the water level drops when I run the filter. This is going to be a bigger job than I had planned. For now, I will just rip off the pool and keep balancing the water. I fix it properly as soon as I am able. Any advice for when I dig it up? I will do the work myself. It has 1.5” pipes. Should I stick with that or got to 2”? It only has 2 returns, one at each end. Is that enough for an 8000 gallon pool? The light doesn’t work either. Any suggestions on a replacement?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.