What happens with old plaster and can we add new lights?

cjkeeme

Dec 14, 2020
Tucson
We are getting quotes to refinish with Stonescapes Aqua Blue Touch of Glass series.

We are also adding a sun shelf and one of the PB stated he would fill the sun shelf with the old plaster, while another PB said they would use rock. Are both ways expectable?

Many are also stating that adding a new light or two would be very difficult as we already have pavers installed. Is this really complex? I assume they could remove some pavers to trench.

Last edited:
We are getting quotes to refinish with Stonescapes Aqua Blue Touch of Glass series.

We are also adding a sun shelf and one of the PB stated he would fill the sun shelf with the old plaster, while another PB said they would use rock. Are both ways expectable?

Many are also stating that adding a new light or two would be very difficult as we already have pavers installed. Is this really complex? I assume they could remove some pavers to trench.

I would think that using the old plaster as fill material in a sun shelf would be okay. I would request rock just to have consistent quotes and fill material however.

Adding lights isn't impossible, the builder just didn't want to quote it. Pulling up pavers and resetting isn't that hard so push for the getting the quote. If they don't want to quote it then they don't want your business. Now is the time to do it when you are resurfacing the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.