What else is your pool good for?

When the kids were little we had a friend who was a swim instructor and she used our pool for teaching swimming lessons.

Pool noodles are boring. And swimming gets old. :p

View attachment 116776
I will have to find a pic... I have had my whitewater kayak in my pool more than once.. its a comfortable place to practice eskimo rolls... I've been tempted to upgrade the waterfall on my pool so I can do this:

I think I'll need a slightly larger pump. :p ;)

Last edited:
@Rollercoastr, got any advice on finding a cabin cruiser RC boat? All we've ever found are speed boats. Yuk. We prefer cabin cruisers!!
[/QUOTE]

Me too!

I haven't had great success with any of these toys. The Sea Rays in my video are the worst. I've been given 3 of them over time, and none of them last for more than a few days. They're slow and they take on water at the stern at the dull to deck joint. If they don't outright sink, the electronics fail.

I have a fancy jetboat. It's really fast, but of course isn't good at stopping or backing up, so about all it can do it my small pool is tight circles.

My favorites are the twin-screw rudderless battleships. They cost around $50, are decently fast and handle well. They're good for docking contests and practice, since they do a good job of mimicking how an actual twin-screw vessel handles.

Me too!

I haven't had great success with any of these toys. The Sea Rays in my video are the worst. I've been given 3 of them over time, and none of them last for more than a few days. They're slow and they take on water at the stern at the dull to deck joint. If they don't outright sink, the electronics fail.

I have a fancy jetboat. It's really fast, but of course isn't good at stopping or backing up, so about all it can do it my small pool is tight circles.

My favorites are the twin-screw rudderless battleships. They cost around $50, are decently fast and handle well. They're good for docking contests and practice, since they do a good job of mimicking how an actual twin-screw vessel handles.

Nice to know. Thanks! Weird how the Sea Rays are junk, although I can see the swimboard and deck area problematic whereas the speed boats are likely all enclosed. Probably best to spend the $ on the real boat instead...

Pretty much the toy boats are exactly that, toys. If your desires are to have a real radio control boat you need to expect to spend real dollars on it. My tug is a 1/32 scale model, it's 3 feet long. Took about 100 hours to build it, it's something I suspect will be handed down. All the money I've saved by using TFP system and keeping out of pool stores helps me fund my projects.!!! This winters build will be a scale "African Queen". It's sitting in the hobby room right now. lol Tower Hobbies has some higher priced ready to operate R/C boats in the $150-$200 price range that get good reviews. Have Fun

....The Sea Rays in my video are the worst. I've been given 3 of them over time, and none of them last for more than a few days. They're slow and they take on water at the stern at the dull to deck joint. If they don't outright sink, the electronics fail.

Well, technically that's pretty much how Sea Rays are built. bwahhh! (possibly the wrong forum for a boat builder dig)

Reactions: TBSNPS

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love my boat - I've even lived aboard her, but I have no respect for how willing Sea Ray Corp has been to slap their names on garbage merch. The RC 48 Sundancers are a perfect example. Yes, they're fully in the "toy" category, but they cost as much or more than comparable toys with 5x more quality.

I once bought docklines with SR logos on them. They stretched and faded and after 2 seasons were in much worse condition than the 10 year old lines they replaced.

Reactions: frogabog
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.