What do you use to bond your pool pump?

jlt19

Aug 20, 2019
St. Louis, Missouri
This is our third season and we have the metal coil that sits in the bottom of the pump strainer housing, under the basket. It has a piece of metal coming out the drain hole and that is attached to both sides of the copper that runs around the pool. The O ring on the drain plug is cracked and I'm pretty sure that's where a small air leak is coming from. But I cannot figure out what that kind of drain plug is called to find another one! Everything I find is a completely closed plug, which leads me to believe that there has got to be another way to bond the pump to the copper. FWIW, the copper is ALSO connected to the pump near the power switch. This is just how the pool installer did it, so not sure it's overkill? I did find another entire "retro-fit kit" but I just need the little drain plug with the hole in it!

drain plug bonding.jpgback of pump bonding.jpg

Thanks, glad to know we're at least doing it right. I suppose I could just try to find a new O ring for the little black plug piece, but it just seemed like it was set far in, and not necessarily a normal O ring. It could just have been thicker. I just hate to pay $30 when only one piece is broken.

You probably have to buy an entire new kit to get the drain plug.

Or you can install a different type of water bond. But it is easier and less expensive to just get a new kit to get a new drain plug with a hole in it.

Reactions: jlt19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.