What did you do to your pool today?

I have been contemplating doing the same. I know I'm at 0 FC and I've been tempted to take the cover off, use the robot and the brush to mix some LC into the water without running the plumbing and power for a few months.
I've been doing exactly that. The pool has transformed quite well. The dogs had run across the cover with muddy paws n got a lot of dirt in it. Here is a pic on opening day. Second pic was yesterday. Third pic is today. I'm getting ready to throw Carlos in again for a couple runs today. I'm going to test the FC to see where it's at. I also put my hand rail in today. First time I've seen it on. I'm getting ready to put my ladder in too. I like to see it finished looking. I'm very happy with how it looks minus the grass. It needs more work. Ugh...

Attachments

• 20220318_170357.jpg
    20220318_170357.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220320_101457.jpg
    20220320_101457.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220321_104559.jpg
    20220321_104559.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220321_104418.jpg
    20220321_104418.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220321_104610.jpg
    20220321_104610.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 22
I've been doing exactly that. The pool has transformed quite well. The dogs had run across the cover with muddy paws n got a lot of dirt in it. Here is a pic on opening day. Second pic was yesterday. Third pic is today. I'm getting ready to throw Carlos in again for a couple runs today. I'm going to test the FC to see where it's at. I also put my hand rail in today. First time I've seen it on. I'm getting ready to put my ladder in too. I like to see it finished looking. I'm very happy with how it looks minus the grass. It needs more work. Ugh...
It looks great! My son would sell all his Fortnite loot for that slide :laughblue:

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and Casey
Pulled the cover off yesterday and opened to a nearly clear pool!! Dropped the robot in to pickup the few leaves and debris, got the plumbing all hooked up, and got the stabilizer sock hanging in front of the return. About half the stabilizer had dissolved by sundown so I added two bottles of chlorine to work its magic overnight.

Attachments

• A1377B28-6F6C-484A-B38C-758DEF96CEEE.jpeg
    A1377B28-6F6C-484A-B38C-758DEF96CEEE.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Mdragger88
I forsee u pulling those plugs before April 1st so u can have her filtering now that you’re looking at the water! I wager you’ll be doing it this weekend 😄 lol. (Although I think gambling is frowned upon here 🎲)
If you’re anything like me u won’t be able to make it much longer without doing all the things 🤣 pool stuff is my therapy!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and Casey
Didn't uncover it but wanted too, 75* today. Turned on the Intelli-Center to down load the up date. Found out I was two short, all's good now. Hoping for April 10 for an anniversary swim on the 16.

:love:

Don't get me wrong, I really like my IFC, but mine also leaves a couple of dirty spots. Just don't want you thinking it's all sunshine and roses. I try to imagine what it would be like if I didn't have the IFC. I guess I'd be throwing the bot in the pool daily, or it would live in there. Fortunately, I have the IFC so I can just toss it in on the weekends and let it do its brushing duties.

Had a storm blow through Thursday night. Yesterday cleaned the massive amount of leaves from the skimmers, and the rest of the pool. Tossed Rosey in for the assist. Added a bag of salt, some LC, and a little MA to get levels in order.

--Jeff

Edit-Finished my thought about sunshine and roses
I know it isn’t perfect. In our last pool we had a couple of dead spots. But we have many with the robot. There are places in our pool it never goes to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, the must unseasonably warm?? Vegas gets hot but dang in March!
Not really. Vegas is about 10F cooler than us. But 90's in late March is not all that unusual. Above average, but we can get wild swings in temperature this time of year depending on cold fronts from the north.

Not really. Vegas is about 10F cooler than us. But 90's in late March is not all that unusual. Above average, but we can get wild swings in temperature this time of year depending on cold fronts from the north.
My grammar leaves a lot to be desired, but wow that is amazing you are that warm already. Ahh, its dry heat though, LOL!

If you’re anything like me u won’t be able to make it much longer without doing all the things 🤣 pool stuff is my therapy!
Sis you AIN'T kidding. I would make every excuse in the book to have the equipment out of the house as soon as the big thaw happened.

The worst is over.
I can use the space
If I do a little bit at a time it will be easy
Plenty of time to get replacement parts

*Awwww heck* its running now on March 15th. 3 weeks of running under the cover I'd start making excuses about THAT why it had to come off.

Anywho. Put me down for $20 that @Casey takes a 'sick day' (wink wink) on Friday.

Anywho. Put me down for $20 that @Casey takes a 'sick day' (wink wink) on Friday.
I ain't wasting a day on Friday when I can take it on Sunday n get 3 consecutive days off instead of 2. My Friday is your Sunday. :mrgreen: :deal: 😆

Well its been a busy last few days.

SWG went out, so ordered a new cell (SWG started working again, but whatever)
Discovered that my CYA somehow went to almost 0, so added 3lbs and got it back to 40
Ordered 50 lbs of CYA, my pool just chews through the stuff and spits it out. If tabs were cheap, I am probably the only pool that can use tabs full time without issue of my CYA going to high.
Did my spring phosphate removal. Dumped a bunch of SeaKlear in which clouded up the pool. Check phosphates 2 days later and they are zero. Pool still a little cloudy. So I cleaned the filter and ran the robot. Should clear up in a day or so.
Filling up my cart at TFKits so I get over $100 for free shipping. (Curse you Amazon for making think shipping should always be free).
Got the pool up to SLAM level just to make sure nothing is living in there before I raise my CYA up to summer level of 70 or 80.

Poured myself a glass of wine.

I started up the pool equipment. I reconnected all the piping, reinstalled the plugs on the pump and sand filter, and removed the Gizmos in the skimmers. Everything is running perfectly. I left the solid safety cover on the pool since we are in the middle of our normal terrible pollen season. The water is 60F. I'll remove the cover and start the heat pump once we start getting warm days.

I texted my builder today about my future hot tub and asked him if he thought I was ok to open and he gave me the green light! I didnt waste any time! I pulled the gizmo and the 4 plugs on my returns and I vacuumed the pool and added 2 old jugs of liquid chlorine. I scooped some leaves because I didn't want to vacuum them up and then I gave the pool a good brushing. The pool looks great considering the filter hasn't ran since last year but I used my automatic cleaner "Carlos" 3 times before hooking my system up. Tomorrow should be a huge difference!!! Last 2 pics are from yesterday. I can't wait to fire up the heat pump.

Attachments

• 20220329_173343.jpg
    20220329_173343.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220329_173431.jpg
    20220329_173431.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_172751.jpg
    20220330_172751.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_165927.jpg
    20220330_165927.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220330_165810.jpg
    20220330_165810.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 9
I installed a new Pentair IntelliPH system! Install was easy and the system seems to be working fine. Now I just need to tweak the dosage until pH settles to where I want it. My initial setting is 60% with 31% acid mixed 1:1 with water. Pump runs 8.5hrs per day (8 acid injections). Thanks @Dirk for sharing your experience with your IntelliPH system. It's what pushed me towards getting my own.

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 5.01.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Well its been a busy last few days.

SWG went out, so ordered a new cell (SWG started working again, but whatever)
Discovered that my CYA somehow went to almost 0, so added 3lbs and got it back to 40
Ordered 50 lbs of CYA, my pool just chews through the stuff and spits it out. If tabs were cheap, I am probably the only pool that can use tabs full time without issue of my CYA going to high.
Did my spring phosphate removal. Dumped a bunch of SeaKlear in which clouded up the pool. Check phosphates 2 days later and they are zero. Pool still a little cloudy. So I cleaned the filter and ran the robot. Should clear up in a day or so.
Filling up my cart at TFKits so I get over $100 for free shipping. (Curse you Amazon for making think shipping should always be free).
Got the pool up to SLAM level just to make sure nothing is living in there before I raise my CYA up to summer level of 70 or 80.

Poured myself a glass of wine.
Katodude, what happens to your CYA?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support